Game callers!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know.  Think I'm going through a mid life techno crisis. I've been looking at spotters today. I sat at the bait from 4am to 6am this morning.  I could see if something was there

This is something I’ve used for a long time, long before NV and the fact is, they just work, I’ve used both the foxpro and the icotec and them two are basically the same thing in a different shape box

Cant afford to shop at Sainsbury's mine is just an Asda bag ???

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Come on then, let's do five pages of game callers. Which one? Maybe I'd do better with one of them fancy fox Pro thingies??

haha.. that money burning a hole in your pocket sd!

ive got a fox pro, I dont use it very often though.. its produced the goods a few times and when it works it generally pulls stuff in from a fair distance very quickly. 

but there are plenty of foxs about that aren't interested in them, ive watched them blatantly ignore them and just carry on working the land or run for the hills. 

my mate pulls more lip squeaking than the gizmo.. he pulled one in last night in about 30 seconds, came out of a thick wood and just stood there looking at us...

I had a bout two seconds to get the stix up and shoot it at a whopping 20yard if that ?

• Like 2

Get yourself a Foxpro,  best £200 I ever spent. Accounted for hundreds and hundreds of foxes .I never go out without it as nearly all my foxes are called in blind. With a wide variety of calls I find it invaluable. You will not regret buying one and you will shoot a lot more foxes I guarantee.

20211026_220828.jpg

• Like 2

Que the bloke who thinks electronic callers are a waste of time and all hype, because he has called millions of foxes using nothing more than blowing through the cheeks of his arse! ? ?

Foxpro all the way.? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is something I’ve used for a long time, long before NV and the fact is, they just work, I’ve used both the foxpro and the icotec and them two are basically the same thing in a different shape box, the new icotec digital caller I use now is really good, the sound quality is far better than the old icotec and foxpro, that’s not to say the older ones don’t do the job very well, the down side to the new one is you need a Sherpa to carry the thing around for you, saying all this the foxes still need to be around to hear it, another thing is, they really come into there own in mating season because no matter how hard you try you just can’t make them noises, that vixen in heat call is deadly for both dogs and vixen’s 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, ianm said:

Que the bloke who thinks electronic callers are a waste of time and all hype, because he has called millions of foxes using nothing more than blowing through the cheeks of his arse! ? ?

Foxpro all the way.? 

Haha.. yeah I get where you coming from, my mouth calling consists of stopping one or calling one in I can see!

on the other hand the two main lads who I go out with have 70 years of squeaking and tin whistles between them… my fox pro successes have been with dog barks and basically the nearest thing I can find to the tin whistle. 

the old keeper I go out with a lot makes crazy barks and all sorts of random noises… he sounds like one of them Alaskan fcukers on the freevew channels. 
never had any joy round my way with vixen calls just dog barks or hare 

• Like 1

I sold my icotec to Phil. I'll tell you for why - it's a pain in arsê to carry. Too big for a pocket, no sling to put over shoulder (even if you could). 

I think you do most of your hunting on foot SD & I remember you comment about not liking the stand & wait type shooting, which is the forté of a caller. 

No denying they work & I am actually thinking of getting one again as we've put few highseats up in the wood. But I'm not sure if it'd suit you Bernard. ? 

• Like 2

I got a FoxPro had for years only thing I had to change was battery compartment rusted out lol. Use its couple of times each week and has accounted for one or two over the years. Although there are loads of calls on these things only ever use about 8. Use the remote in my pocket without looking as so used to it now. Great kit worth every penny just take a bag when it's wet

• Like 1
10 hours ago, si brown said:

had a bout two seconds to get the stix up and shoot it at a whopping 20yard if that

I missed one like that tonight ?  just popped up out of nowhere. And I'm not one to blame kit but was first time using quads & I just couldn't get to grips with them, annoying af 

• Sad 2

I used my mouth/hands/grass for years with good success, then I was out on one site, freezing cold and sheltering from the atrocious weather in an abandoned shipping container.

I tried calling but my throat/lips were that cold and my fingers freezing I simply couldn't call, so decided to invest in one of these.

002a.jpg.480d728b02bfef760862b8f5d59c90c3.jpg

That must have been over 10 years ago and it's still going strong, still call by hand/mouth a lot just the same, but overall I'm happy with success rate.

I don't feel I'm missing out over the apparent abundance of various electronic calls in the market today, but perhaps I am, people do seem to be getting good success with the Foxpro.

:hmm::thumbs:

• Like 3
12 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

I got a FoxPro had for years only thing I had to change was battery compartment rusted out lol. Use its couple of times each week and has accounted for one or two over the years. Although there are loads of calls on these things only ever use about 8. Use the remote in my pocket without looking as so used to it now. Great kit worth every penny just take a bag when it's wet

For what they’re designed for, you’d at least expect them to be waterproof. If not, that’s a real letdown. I don’t understand the thinking to manufacture an electrical device designed to be used outdoors but if it gets wet it rots out...?

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

For what they’re designed for, you’d at least expect them to be waterproof. If not, that’s a real letdown. I don’t understand the thinking to manufacture an electrical device designed to be used outdoors but if it gets wet it rots out...?

Easy remedied mate , I always have a carrier bag in my Foxpro bag if it's raining,  pop it inside and jobs a good un ?

13 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

I think you do most of your hunting on foot SD & I remember you comment about not liking the stand & wait type shooting, which is the forté of a caller.  ? 

If a fox is nearby though they are usually very quick to respond , most foxes I have found are called in between a couple of minutes and 15 minutes.

• Like 2