Things We Don't Hear About Anymore

50 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

1977 Queens Silver Jubilee Street party’s living on the Isle Of Dogs an incredible sense of community that I doubt we will ever see or experience in our lives again it’s burnt into my childhood memories.

Remember it well and it was a big thing at the time and an extra holiday a lot of these community events even around Rotherham like the lord mayors parade and the Miners gala to mention a few seemed to disappear under Thatcher not to mention a lot of community spirit around these parts anyway.

• Like 2

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honest national pride , Tradesmen who take pride in their work ,above other considerations  Civil discourse  Emotional intelligence Wise old men  Privy Tv programmes that

Single race couples in adverts...

Tommy Robinson  Ole Gunner Solskear  Greb getting a dog. Cheers, D.      

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Or Mods;

FullSizeRender.jpg.9ac5c9b249978aef7353cf0bb300236b.jpg

Cheers.

That’s what I mean mate, Mods, skins, rockers, punks, goths…..all of that.

Mate of mine died last week all of a sudden, throat cancer….went to the doctor, a month and bang gone !

He bought his first scooter when we were in school and he lived that culture for the rest of his life…..his funeral was attended by loads of scooter lads and almost to a man they are old farts like me.

When I was a kid, everyone was “something” if you get my drift….don’t see that much now 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, downsouth said:

Plenty of good quality hash about mate and ecstacy is stronger than its ever been.Its just that Mcat and Spice is more popular up your end???Funny you should mention Troop,Ive just bought a pair of origional Troop Ice lambs exactly the same as I had in 1988.

My older  cousin's all had the troop and SPX tracksuits with the big ass clubs or what ever was on the back of them and  torsion trainers.?..I had a pair of red troop trainers and Adidas Firebird tracksuit would of been around 89/90...I left the daps  in the front porch...and some tramp nicked them, was f***ing gutted at the time?

I've never had spice or MCAT...last time I dropped a pukka was 2003?

My mates dropping me off half Oz of good pollen when I get back home Xmas evening ?

12 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

My older  cousin's all had the troop and SPX tracksuits with the big ass clubs or what ever was on the back of them and  torsion trainers.?..I had a pair of red troop trainers and Adidas Firebird tracksuit would of been around 89/90...I left the daps  in the front porch...and some tramp nicked them, was f***ing gutted at the time?

My mates dropping me off half Oz of good pollen when I get back home Xmas evening ?

2 of my mates had Troop tracksuits out of the catalogue, back then, asked my mum for one… “no chance, I’m not being in debt for 5 years for you to prance around the estate lol”

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

I saved all summer holidays to buy a pair of these and me and my pal told our parents we were at eachothers and bunked the trai up to London.He bought a pair of multi coloured travelfox.I thought I was the bollocks when we went back to school as the only other kid with a pair was a half cast girl who I fancied the arse off and I suddenly became a lot cooler.I even had the double arrows shaved in the back of my hair when that was first all the rage???Then a couple of weeks later I stacked my pals DT125 track bike and broke my ankle and they cut one off me in the hospital.I was absolutely devestated.When I spotted these on a vintage trainer site I just had to have them as Im a bit of a trainer collector.                                            Them little fellas are nutty at the moment been coming back at 260+mg.No double dropping them little fuckers.We've been starting with a half and topping up with quarters.We went to a Hacienda party in Manchester the other week and I only managed 1 and a 1/4 in 9 hrs.Even when the mitzis were about we used to do anything up to half a dozen on a good night. Surprised there aint more people going over on them.

20211224_154910.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mackem said:

I once dumped 50kg over the side of a boat ?

Ouch.Think the worse I ever did was lob 200pills over a hedge when the old bill spun a party we was putting on back when the were 7or8 quid each wholesale.Wouldnt wanna be loosing 50 boxes atm the price decent hash is making.Same money as weed atm.Proper quality hash though.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Ouch.Think the worse I ever did was lob 200pills over a hedge when the old bill spun a party we was putting on back when the were 7or8 quid each wholesale.Wouldnt wanna be loosing 50 boxes atm the price decent hash is making.Same money as weed atm.Proper quality hash though.

It was very nice mate, direct from the Kings garden, it was £100k+ worth back then, didn't give it a second thought....... Splash ???

• Like 2