Reptile Expo

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me and my buddy are went down to Louisiana for there reptile expo ,pretty cool .Know some of yall love the scaly critters so figured I'd share  

I find people who keep reptiles weirdos like cat people, who the feck wants to keep snakes that can constrict and eat your kids in the house??? 

You're not the only one mate.And the thing is they probably wouldnt be missed.Im sure half them boring wallys only keep exotic wild animals to try and make themselves seem more interesting.

Posted Images

• 6 months later...
On 11/12/2021 at 18:51, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Have you seen at the start of tiger king when They bring that anaconda ( I assume but I’m no expert ) out of that dealers garage and it’s about half the size of the equator . 

what the f**k are people doing with stuff like that near people ? 

I get it and can imagine that their is a satisfaction in breeding a uniquely coloured mutation ( one of the Irish lads in here posted a gorgeous looking almost purple ball python) but ffs I’d be absolutely terrified if the folk next door were into that nonsense 

To think you can buy a African rock python hatchling for few dollars or any big snake or lizard is crazy ,

• Like 1
On 11/12/2021 at 20:59, South hams hunter said:

That's exactly what my next door neighbour does; luckily he no longer keeps venomous snakes due to his young kids (he's had mangroves and king cobras since I've know him) and his caiman out grew the house and shop. 

260384389_10223741237351132_4473588439247982760_n.jpg

218553507_10223006523783752_6970456480374222123_n.jpg

214382048_10222950193215523_3948499770051897901_n.jpg

64893237_10217140561378358_7324846481700028416_n.jpg

37261539_10214836499978263_8657283961283674112_n.jpg

Lot of cash in morth ball pythons ,pied one at bottom around 800 each so she's wrapped around  6/7 grand and the pied tiger stripe young at the top maybe bit more each if that's what they are ,they is lots of diffrent morths but remember it all started with the wild type .

But where does it end , those breeding are messing with genetics and yes some coulors are nice but what happens if you scribble lots of crayons all together? You get a mess .and this is what's happening behind the scenes, snakes are born with defects like no eyes and with nerve problems like star gazing "snake will hold head up and rock side to side "

I used to breed them and at one time we had over 40 breeding pairs so I no what problems can crop up qnd this was one reason we stopped keeping them . 

Looking back I think the wild type the best just how nature made them .

Mangrove are cool snakes and only mildly venomous as they back fanged but they get to a good size and make perfect display snakes as they like to wrap around branches ,a friend was biten by king cobra and sadly passed away but that's the chance these guys take .

20220620_152704.jpg

20220620_152637.jpg

• Thanks 1

I had a king cobra in the garden once Mooch ? another time in Hong Kong I was near southorn playground in wanchai, there used to be a snake soup restaurant opposite, in those days they always had small mesh cages full of cobra outside, a snake had escaped and was making off along the gutter. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, mackem said:

I had a king cobra in the garden once Mooch ? another time in Hong Kong I was near southorn playground in wanchai, there used to be a snake soup restaurant opposite, in those days they always had small mesh cages full of cobra outside, a snake had escaped and was making off along the gutter. 

My pal lived out in Thailand and said he's eaten snake and it tastes OK, he half owned a night club out there and his thi wife other half ,he lived out there for years .

They not kind of thing you want in garden  ? 

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, mackem said:

When we was in India we see snake charmers ,amazing place and people .

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

My pal lived out in Thailand and said he's eaten snake and it tastes OK, he half owned a night club out there and his thi wife other half ,he lived out there for years .

They not kind of thing you want in garden  ? 

There used to be a little caravan thingy that went round the country fairs down here. Sold all sorts of exotic stuff, bison, rattlesnakes, kangaroo, ostrich.  Even sold locust or ant ice lollies.  Rattlesnake was decent but it was expensive, can't remember exactly but me and a mate shared at a pack, think it was about £20 for a half pound pack and that was about 10 years back ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Lot of cash in morth ball pythons ,pied one at bottom around 800 each so she's wrapped around  6/7 grand and the pied tiger stripe young at the top maybe bit more each if that's what they are ,they is lots of diffrent morths but remember it all started with the wild type .

But where does it end , those breeding are messing with genetics and yes some coulors are nice but what happens if you scribble lots of crayons all together? You get a mess .and this is what's happening behind the scenes, snakes are born with defects like no eyes and with nerve problems like star gazing "snake will hold head up and rock side to side "

I used to breed them and at one time we had over 40 breeding pairs so I no what problems can crop up qnd this was one reason we stopped keeping them . 

Looking back I think the wild type the best just how nature made them .

Mangrove are cool snakes and only mildly venomous as they back fanged but they get to a good size and make perfect display snakes as they like to wrap around branches ,a friend was biten by king cobra and sadly passed away but that's the chance these guys take .

20220620_152704.jpg

20220620_152637.jpg

I know f**k all about em tbh mate just that he earns his living from his passion.

Hes also not one of the wierdos that you often associate with alot of snakes ?

25 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

I know f**k all about em tbh mate just that he earns his living from his passion.

Hes also not one of the wierdos that you often associate with alot of snakes ?

I was the same , I had a shop and made good money from weirdos ? 

I stopped keeping them as they belong in the wild not in some small viv