pharoh hound

hi all im quite new to the forum found the picture of a pharoh hound nick named rabbiting dog wondered if anyone got one how good are theypost-14360-1200591774_thumb.jpg

met a guy who has one he shows it and said it has caught rabbits but whilst chasing them is very vocal

go for the ibizan cross a greyhound or similar i havnt had any experiecne with pharoh's but the ibizan crosses iv seen are the best dogs i think i will ever see in my life as a striaght breed dog there ment to be soft as a cotton and a shite fox dog but as a pure from experience they blitz most other dogs

Also a older lady in Qld had them she lived on a property with plenty of hares her pharoahs got to hunt them twice a day every day some times they were sucsessful and some times the hares were bit like most running dogs really. the best thing was to watch them hunt up to the hare they use all their sences equilly then pounce like a cat.

And yes they can be vocal on the chase, handy thing in the scrub.