epsom salts should do the trick the greyhound men from long ago used his . try cutting back on the amount of protein and really up the amount of exercise this can help when they have a phantom.

I have also increased her exercise to burn of excess.

It can be a sign of mammary tumor .Once milk has stopped get her checked

Regards Steve

Fast for 48 hours at the very first signs of a phantom or to dry up milk after pups.

Do you think 48hrs will dry up milk ?

I am already holding back on her food in the hope she will not have enough reserves to produce milk, is that your theary

LEE I USE EPSOM SALTS AFTER THE BITCH AS WEANED HER PUPS IT STARTS WORKING STRAIGHT AWAY WITH IN A FORTNIGHT HER TITS AV GONE IT WILL JUST WORK THE SAME FOR YOUR BITCH.

• 3 weeks later...

HI ! in the past I used to own and breed staffies one bitch "cleo" always used to bag up with milk, I used epsom salts but didnt get her to dry up enough went to the vets who prescribed galastop within two days she dried up completely it is very good stuff but can be expensive depending on each individual vets, also used kes tablets theese are prescribed to women who have given birth and they supress milk an old terrier guy told me to go to chemist and get some they worked a treat and only cost a couple of quid, this was a few years ago and not sure if they still available, anyway hope this helps !

Guest bullterrier
try some epsom salts in water, for a terrier size 1 teaspoon in 50 mls, big dog 3 tsps in 50 mls, may need to syringe it down as it is a bit bitter.

epsom salts do the trick, family have used them on the dogs for forty years and never had a problem.

Spot on :clapper: epsom salts everytime for drying milk :thumbs:

also sprinkle some on her food my bitch as just stop producing milk

Edited by bullterrier
  • 1 month later...
with the epsom salts how many times a day?????got a bitch having a phantom at the mo

appartently raspberry leaf in their food is good for clearing up phantoms but never used ouselves. our galastrop from the vet.