My Presa bitch is producing milk and I would like to know if there is a way to help rid her of this problem. She produces milk around birth time after her season, she does this every season, I am now concerned it will cause some problems, mastitus etc.

Its called a Phantom or Pseudo pregnancy, if she is 'Bagging up' with milk the best thing is a homoeopathic called Urtica Urens 3C, this will suppress milk flow. Dont feed to many cereals aswell as they can contribute towards milk production.

Dosage for Urtica Urens 3C Give one every 2 hours for the first twelve hours. Then reduce to one 3 times daily until symptoms reduce.

You can also use Galastop from the vets, but I have no experience of using it.

Its called a Phantom or Pseudo pregnancy, if she is 'Bagging up' with milk the best thing is a homoeopathic called Urtica Urens 3C, this will suppress milk flow. Dont feed to many cereals aswell as they can contribute towards milk production.

Dosage for Urtica Urens 3C Give one every 2 hours for the first twelve hours. Then reduce to one 3 times daily until symptoms reduce.

She doesn't get a lot of cereal feed, mainly meat and some veg. I am a bit sceptical on the whole homoeopathy ting but I will keep an open mind as I don't have any thing else at the mo. The vet said I just have to let it take its course and wait for it to dry up naturaly but she seems real peed off, depressed like. I am also looking to have a litter from her before she is neutered as the last pups are good strong athletic dogs with sound steady temprements and I have homes for more because of their history, reference etc.

Fast for 48 hours at the very first signs of a phantom or to dry up milk after pups.

Do you think 48hrs will dry up milk ?

I am already holding back on her food in the hope she will not have enough reserves to produce milk, is that your theary

Fast for 48 hours at the very first signs of a phantom or to dry up milk after pups.

Do you think 48hrs will dry up milk ?

I am already holding back on her food in the hope she will not have enough reserves to produce milk, is that your theary

Yes it has worked many times for many different people, give it a go..... I have posted video of my girl 9 weeks after having pups, 4 weeks after pups are totally off her, not an ounce of milk still there and starting to go back nicely. Reduce but do not withhold water too, this is hard if your used to feeding a dog every day or even twice a day for the big breeds, I have known it work many times, give it a go, certainly cant do her any harm, rumbly belly but no harm.

I must admit I have never tried another method of drying up milk, iv never added anything to the dog or the diet so I do not know what else works or does not, Epsom salts may very well do the trick too, just something I have never tried.

Guest ROOSTER

epsom salts should do the trick the greyhound men from long ago used his . try cutting back on the amount of protein and really up the amount of exercise this can help when they have a phantom.

epsom salts should do the trick the greyhound men from long ago used his . try cutting back on the amount of protein and really up the amount of exercise this can help when they have a phantom.

I have also increased her exercise to burn of excess.