AUKUS...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The french made the first 8 geared tank …. Only problem was seven of the gears were reverse …….

Nobody involved with anything military ever thought to themselves “I know, better call France !”     

Posted Images

1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

Isn’t New Zealand almost a communist country ? Under J A the high princess of woke they can’t be trusted in any way , they bought n paid for by China 

I think they’re a long long way from being communist. Liberal maybe but further from being commy than the uk.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I agree in that who the f**k wants to be stuck in steel pipe with a load of blokes for four months but the work they do is cool as shit. 

More than that mate, talk about terrible ways to die !……if it go’s boss eyed it’s horrific.

Imagine being one of those poor b*****ds on the Kursk !……f**k that !

6 minutes ago, WILF said:

More than that mate, talk about terrible ways to die !……if it go’s boss eyed it’s horrific.

Imagine being one of those poor b*****ds on the Kursk !……f**k that !

Oh yeah, fair one. The uk takes safety on that front pretty seriously. Other nations not so much. If for no other reason than losing any of our boats would be a hell of a loss and not quickly replaced.

But yeah, be f***ing awful losing buoyancy and getting crushed, not getting crushed and running out of breathable air, being hit by the enemy and drowning, reactor melting down etc etc. All fairly wank ways to die.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Oh yeah, fair one. The uk takes safety on that front pretty seriously. Other nations not so much. If for no other reason than losing any of our boats would be a hell of a loss and not quickly replaced.

But yeah, be f***ing awful losing buoyancy and getting crushed, not getting crushed and running out of breathable air, being hit by the enemy and drowning, reactor melting down etc etc. All fairly wank ways to die.

I always wonder what the background radiation is on those things as well.

I wonder if crew on nuclear powered vessels are required to ware a dose badge ? 

Had a woman running a site that was for nuclear stuff although a new build so no risk, but she'd been exposed to radiation and was the only one still alive from a group of six and said she'd comes to terms with a shortened life expectancy, my old man used to radiagraph pipes in Saudi , one lad thought he'd save time and rather than get the allocated distance lost an eye instead. Heard of some lads thought they'd save time doing same thing , instead of heading back to workshop thought they'd bomb the pipes in the back of the van on the m25 set of radiation detectors somewhere, probably have a few folk a dose....

25 minutes ago, WILF said:

I always wonder what the background radiation is on those things as well.

I wonder if crew on nuclear powered vessels are required to ware a dose badge ? 

Likely. But equally it would be possible to simulate the exposure and draw up limits based on that. I expect at the very least they’ll have bloods done and have time limits in place. Carrying a badge would be trivial so yeah quite likely.

I’ve done training on nuclear simulation software by guys out of Los Alamos, they can and have simulated detonations for major cities so a sub would be easy.

1 hour ago, Borr said:

Had a woman running a site that was for nuclear stuff although a new build so no risk, but she'd been exposed to radiation and was the only one still alive from a group of six and said she'd comes to terms with a shortened life expectancy, my old man used to radiagraph pipes in Saudi , one lad thought he'd save time and rather than get the allocated distance lost an eye instead. Heard of some lads thought they'd save time doing same thing , instead of heading back to workshop thought they'd bomb the pipes in the back of the van on the m25 set of radiation detectors somewhere, probably have a few folk a dose....

I did that job for a while many, many years ago….lad I worked with got caught bombing flanges (comedy phrase I know!) in the site toilets and they locked him up. 

I did it for about a year early 90s until things picked up then got to f**k, howling stuff. 
My one and only “proper” job ! Lol ? 

• Haha 1