runny s****

I feed my dogs dry food, and have noticed the exact same thing on occassions when get them out in the field!! I believe that it may be something to do with a combination of nerves and adrenalin as they believe that they are going out working!! Have you ever played a sport and before hand, you feel quite sick and have the s**ts?? If the same can happen to humans, why can't it happen to dogs aswell!!?? Maybe completely wrong, but just an idea!!??

Dry food often gives dogs shits: their bodies aren't designed to cope with masses of cereals, carbohydrates and all the other crap put into so called 'complete' dog food. Get them on to raw meat and bones etc and see the difference! Do a search on BARF either on here or Google it: read and learn! I guarantee that if you feed your dogs correctly they will never pass loose stools again, unless they pick up a bug, which is also less likely if their guts are in good working order from a decent diet.

Cut back on your dogs food it is probably getting rid of unwanted food (the dog is not lossing weight is it). It is also likely your dog is clearing itself ready to run. Have you changed your dogs food recently. Tripe makes my dogs turds like bullets, real good for cleaning up.

hi all i could do with a bit of advice please i take my dog for a walk every day and it craps all the time ! but its allways runny :icon_redface: it is solid in the kennal but as soon as he gets out the gate it goes bag of s**** help please
You could aways use a spoon to clear it up :sick:

My old dog has always been exactly the same. I reckon it's a bit like Foxtrot says - he's just clearing himself out before a bout of serious exertion. The dog knows what's coming. For those of us who have been through (or been with our partners through) childbirth will testify, one of the signs of going into labour is a bout of the squirts - the body cleaning itself out before all the exertion of pushing/ squeezing/ screaming/ punching the hell out of the father to be :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: )

• 1 month later...
hi all i could do with a bit of advice please i take my dog for a walk every day and it craps all the time ! but its allways runny :icon_redface: it is solid in the kennal but as soon as he gets out the gate it goes bag of s**** help please

what are you feeding him/her? meat or dry. meat usually gets em like that. try glutn free dry mixer in with a bit of meat