• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out for another foraging mooch this morning. Was about two miles from the car and it pissed down and that f***ing Jack Pike jacket useless piece of shit let the rain through like a cheese cloth shirt

Here are some Chanterelles I find they vary in colour the one we find in hedges and on banks covered in bushes by the river are a buff yellow like the ones you see on sale. Then a brighter one up in t

Out Foraging did get a feed but more stuff I didn't take. This striking mushroom stood out.  Probably "The Sickener" Poisonous. "The Stinking Dappling" Poisonous. This

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

@Arry I reckon those ones in my garden could have been the false milk cap or the milk cap I gave them a slice with a knife and it was a red wine colour.

IMG_0370.jpeg.9b017545effcf82bcd83ba1a79aa8506.jpeg

IMG_0371.jpeg.47d17ea03f6cc023fd3f286f51de4677.jpeg

Don't think thats a milk cap will have another think and look at books and web mate.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

@Arry I reckon those ones in my garden could have been the false milk cap or the milk cap I gave them a slice with a knife and it was a red wine colour.

Could the False Safron Milkcap be a contender.

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

False Saffron Milkcap, Lactarius deterrimus, Basidiomycetes, Milkcaps, Edible, Summer, Autumn, Mycorrhizal with pines and spruce

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Arry said:

Could the False Safron Milkcap be a contender.

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

False Saffron Milkcap, Lactarius deterrimus, Basidiomycetes, Milkcaps, Edible, Summer, Autumn, Mycorrhizal with pines and spruce

Cheers Arry

Must admit I was looking at the wild food site and was leaning more towards the false saffron milk cap rather than the non false, I’m intrigued how it’s rocked up in my garden, I had emptied some old compost bags onto the area and I’ve got a rogue cat that shits on it every night hence why I won’t be eating it lol 😂

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Had these pop up on the lawn Arry. 

20241010_104354.jpg

20241010_104401.jpg

To be honest mate I had no idea but always interesting. So I did an iNature Seek on my phone of your picture and it came up with"Pleated Inkcaps".

Cheers Arry

• Thanks 1
On 07/10/2024 at 17:16, FLATTOP said:

Bought a knife like that in France on a school trip in the early 90's...got arrested few years later for another matter...and the police took it,the cheeky cnuts🙄👍

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Bought a knife like that in France on a school trip in the early 90's...got arrested few years later for another matter...and the police took it,the cheeky cnuts🙄👍

It’s quite a handy little knife and has AI BAINOX stamped on it which sounds a bit French I believe there called butterfly knives known for all that tricky business of chucking it about and trying to avoid slicing your fingers off 😂

edited to say just looked it up it’s Spanish lol…

Edited by FLATTOP