2 minutes ago, Arry said:

Its not good can be painful or organ failure. People near me ended up with Kidney failure eat something when holidaying in Scotland, Think he was a author of the House Whisper.

If your not 100% don't eat it.

Cheers Arry

No worries there … After the smell and taste of   mushroom tea mate and the gurgling guts  ( the effects were banging ) … I pick ‘em off my pizza now 

#misspent-youth 

• Haha 1

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out for another foraging mooch this morning. Was about two miles from the car and it pissed down and that f***ing Jack Pike jacket useless piece of shit let the rain through like a cheese cloth shirt

Here are some Chanterelles I find they vary in colour the one we find in hedges and on banks covered in bushes by the river are a buff yellow like the ones you see on sale. Then a brighter one up in t

Out Foraging did get a feed but more stuff I didn't take. This striking mushroom stood out.  Probably "The Sickener" Poisonous. "The Stinking Dappling" Poisonous. This

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Tbh Arry it's only field mushrooms i will pick and eat after once picking some blue stalks years ago I ended up spewing my guts up wether it was down to them I don't know so I won't take the risk in trying any other mushrooms or fungi I find with not being very knowledgeable about different types. 

The strange thing is there are more poisonings with people think they are eating field mushrooms than any other mushroom in the UK. 

Its the "Yellow Stainer" its very very similar to the field mushroom. Simple test is to scratch the edge of the cap if its a stainer it will go bright yellow. Also the base of the stem will go yellow as well.

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

Poisonous causing alarming symptoms but not affecting everybody. Not worth the chance!

Cheers Arry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two mushrooms worth learning and my favourites are the Cep?Penny bun and Hen of the Woods both tasty and easy to learn. Safe as there is not much you can muddle them up with.

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

One of the stars of the mushroom world. Easily recognisable among the edible species. Generally seen eight days after rain around late summer to the start of...
WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

Hen of the Woods, Grifola frondosa, Basidiomycetes, Polypore, Parasitic, Oaks, Edible, Gourmet, Summer, Autumn

I highly recommend these two mushrooms. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 3

Out Foraging did get a feed but more stuff I didn't take.

This striking mushroom stood out.

Probably "The Sickener" Poisonous.

IMG_6311.jpeg.5ff51562d4f63b6561857ba472cd67f2.jpeg

"The Stinking Dappling" Poisonous.

IMG_6347.jpeg.79bed4d411578ef494d82fcb918f837a.jpeg

This is supposed to be rare. "Black Tooth" inedible.

IMG_6321.jpeg.9be7d2c28cd6152a2cfef5c956de5b4f.jpeg

Possibly "The Blusher" edible  BUT possible "The Panther Cap" Deadly so I never take them.

IMG_6343.jpeg.811fdd21a938da28b108b9a4b33311be.jpeg

Then this one a Bolete but I don't recognise it so I left it.

IMG_6317.jpeg.339051e9dd558b12d40a8ecdf30e50c6.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Saw these on my travels this morning

BD6A49BD-6045-4B6E-9172-C023D69A1B54.jpeg

Could be Yellow wax cap Or golden wax cap or even Yellow fieldcap Mate hard to tell from a photo.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

Out for another foraging mooch this morning. Was about two miles from the car and it pissed down and that f***ing Jack Pike jacket useless piece of shit let the rain through like a cheese cloth shirt Lol.

Still found the first Horse mushroom of the year some Fieldies a few Chanterelles. In one field I find what looks like Brown Field mushrooms the only field I every find them. They look just like the one you get in the super market. going to do a bit of research on them.

IMG_6376.jpeg.f357bf5e5a3d4f3292a8a764d7fa4b54.jpeg

IMG_6379.jpeg.f7d3cde1be4e563be114a0558616dd5f.jpeg

IMG_6383.jpeg.aa8dc18a6a4fbe38bb56d60bab684319.jpeg

IMG_6387.jpeg.aead2aefd1fdf813ff4c2039f3f0acf9.jpeg

Cheers Arry 

• Like 6
On 05/10/2024 at 12:31, Arry said:

Out Foraging did get a feed but more stuff I didn't take.

This striking mushroom stood out.

Probably "The Sickener" Poisonous.

IMG_6311.jpeg.5ff51562d4f63b6561857ba472cd67f2.jpeg

"The Stinking Dappling" Poisonous.

IMG_6347.jpeg.79bed4d411578ef494d82fcb918f837a.jpeg

This is supposed to be rare. "Black Tooth" inedible.

IMG_6321.jpeg.9be7d2c28cd6152a2cfef5c956de5b4f.jpeg

Possibly "The Blusher" edible  BUT possible "The Panther Cap" Deadly so I never take them.

IMG_6343.jpeg.811fdd21a938da28b108b9a4b33311be.jpeg

Then this one a Bolete but I don't recognise it so I left it.

IMG_6317.jpeg.339051e9dd558b12d40a8ecdf30e50c6.jpeg

Cheers Arry

That sickener is a beautiful mushroom Arry and the blusher so similar to the fly agaric apart from the obviously colour difference, where was you Dartmoor ?

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

That sickener is a beautiful mushroom Arry and the blusher so similar to the fly agaric apart from the obviously colour difference, where was you Dartmoor ?

Yeah mate I was on the side of Dartmoor.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

I’ve had these growing on a piece of dirt at the bottom of the garden look like Dryads Saddle the area has no trees present or previous strange how they have just popped up this year.

IMG_0367.jpeg.3983cbf3dbef1bdb90ce3ca6f8b2315f.jpeg

IMG_0368.jpeg.69af709027ebf46f0f38e1125c123620.jpeg

I'm thinking one of the Milkcaps. If you turn one over run a blade across the gills see if a milk like liquid exudes from the damage.

Cheers Arry

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Arry said:

I'm thinking one of the Milkcaps. If you turn one over run a blade across the gills see if a milk like liquid exudes from the damage.

Cheers Arry

I will have a go at that in the morning cheers.

16 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

This thread has got me interested in different types of fungi on a walk out and can't resist taking the odd pics though i am finding it odd i have not come across any fly agaric this year. 

20241006_084651.jpg

Just going off the photo I think maybe "Saffron Milkcap" once again turn one over and damage the gills see if white milky stuff come out

if it does have the milk stuff could be any of the milkcaps.

I have not found Fly Agaric yet this year as well think they are late this year. I like finding them as they make great photos plus Cep's come at about the same time and in the same area.

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

Uncommon in the South this tasty mushroom is more frequent in Scotland and Northern Britain.

I know I keep saying but the ww.wildfood.com the mushroom section is a great site with good ID videos.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1