• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out for another foraging mooch this morning. Was about two miles from the car and it pissed down and that f***ing Jack Pike jacket useless piece of shit let the rain through like a cheese cloth shirt

Here are some Chanterelles I find they vary in colour the one we find in hedges and on banks covered in bushes by the river are a buff yellow like the ones you see on sale. Then a brighter one up in t

Out Foraging did get a feed but more stuff I didn't take. This striking mushroom stood out.  Probably "The Sickener" Poisonous. "The Stinking Dappling" Poisonous. This

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Found these under a horse chestnut tree the other day no idea what they are. 

20240926_071804.jpg

20240926_071752.jpg

Think they are one called "the Miller" do they smell like Dough ?

When I find them I keep going back looking for Ceps/ Penny buns they seem to grow in the same place but come about a week later.

I'm don't take the Millers as there is a similar one that dodgy.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

The Miller.

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

This is not a mushroom for novice foragers as it looks like the deadly poisonous Clitocybe dealbata or rivulosa and great care should be taken when trying to identify...

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

@Arry… when these poisonous mushrooms are consumed …. What’s  the the dying process ? Off your face and don’t know what’s occurring…. Or writhing around in agony puking ones boots up ? Curious , as only tried button and magic ones from around the Mendip mast . 

7 minutes ago, Arry said:

Think they are one called "the Miller" do they smell like Dough ?

When I find them I keep going back looking for Ceps/ Penny buns they seem to grow in the same place but come about a week later.

I'm don't take the Millers as there is a similar one that dodgy.

Cheers Arry

Tbh Arry it's only field mushrooms i will pick and eat after once picking some blue stalks years ago I ended up spewing my guts up wether it was down to them I don't know so I won't take the risk in trying any other mushrooms or fungi I find with not being very knowledgeable about different types. 

4 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Tbh Arry it's only field mushrooms i will pick and eat after once picking some blue stalks years ago I ended up spewing my guts up wether it was down to them I don't know so I won't take the risk in trying any other mushrooms or fungi I find with not being very knowledgeable about different types. 

Blue legs are one the best imo them fly garrick is an acquired taste mind

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

@Arry… when these poisonous mushrooms are consumed …. What’s  the the dying process ? Off your face and don’t know what’s occurring…. Or writhing around in agony puking ones boots up ? Curious , as only tried button and magic ones from around the Mendip mast . 

Its not good can be painful or organ failure. People near me ended up with Kidney failure eat something when holidaying in Scotland, Think he was a author of the House Whisper.

If your not 100% don't eat it.

Cheers Arry

• Thanks 1