• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out for another foraging mooch this morning. Was about two miles from the car and it pissed down and that f***ing Jack Pike jacket useless piece of shit let the rain through like a cheese cloth shirt

Here are some Chanterelles I find they vary in colour the one we find in hedges and on banks covered in bushes by the river are a buff yellow like the ones you see on sale. Then a brighter one up in t

Out Foraging did get a feed but more stuff I didn't take. This striking mushroom stood out.  Probably "The Sickener" Poisonous. "The Stinking Dappling" Poisonous. This

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

20240803_072736.jpg

20240803_072811.jpg

Still think its a Field Cap probably "The Spring Field Cap" and I think the most lightly "The Wrinkled Field Cap" . As I said before not one I would take myself.

But I find them all interesting and a sign that mushrooms are starting. Been bloody dry here so not that much about, did have a bit of rain last night but not really enough to get the ground proper wet.

Cheers carry

• Like 1

Another one for you @Arry missus found them in her garden , she don’t want to eat them , just what they are and are they ok with dogs in the the garden if they munched them ? She’s not the best at taking pics …. 

5376BE9B-9BD1-473B-9FAC-E2519C2082B8.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

Another one for you @Arry missus found them in her garden , she don’t want to eat them , just what they are and are they ok with dogs in the the garden if they munched them ? She’s not the best at taking pics …. 

5376BE9B-9BD1-473B-9FAC-E2519C2082B8.jpeg

Bloody hell lads giving me some work Lol.

Possibly "the yellow Field Cap" but to be honest I'm not sure mate.

Cheers Arry

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

Got to keep the grey matter ticking over mate … keeps you young 👍.. thank you 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

Is there any free apps to download on a phone that does photo I'd Arry some I have looked at require monthly payments. 

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Is there any free apps to download on a phone that does photo I'd Arry some I have looked at require monthly payments. 

If you have iPhone then iNature Seek will do plants, Bugs and Mushrooms. Would I trust it with my life defiantly not but sometimes it helps when researching a mushroom. 

There are thousands of mushrooms you cant learn them all mate. So what I do just pick the good ones and learn them and what the can be muddled with.

This site is excellent for foraging has good ID descriptions and vids.

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

Edible and poisonous wild mushroom identification guide. When to pick, what to look for. Photos, video, safety tips for each mushroom.

I don't even study the poisonous one just the ones that can be muddled with the one I target. River Cottage do quite a good book on mushrooms to help with foraging.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 2
39 minutes ago, Arry said:

If you have iPhone then iNature Seek will do plants, Bugs and Mushrooms. Would I trust it with my life defiantly not but sometimes it helps when researching a mushroom. 

There are thousands of mushrooms you cant learn them all mate. So what I do just pick the good ones and learn them and what the can be muddled with.

This site is excellent for foraging has good ID descriptions and vids.

I don't even study the poisonous one just the ones that can be muddled with the one I target. River Cottage do quite a good book on mushrooms to help with foraging.

Cheers Arry

Forgot I had seek 🙄 , used it on the missus mushrooms pic and it came back as yellow patches 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

Forgot I had seek 🙄 , used it on the missus mushrooms pic and it came back as yellow patches 

I would never trust an App to be 100% though if using it for foraging. 

New one on me mate just looked that up. So it looks like Yellow Fly Agaric. Be nice to let one develop and see a mature example.

Cheers Arry

On 02/08/2024 at 10:40, tatsblisters said:

Any idea what these are Arry saw them this morning growing in some mulch that was some type of willow that had been cut down. 

20240802_062517.jpg

20240802_062450.jpg

Yes mate there called grave shrooms, only grow in places where homicide has occurred, looking at the amount reckon the might be 2 under there 

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/08/2024 at 11:41, Arry said:

New one on me mate just looked that up. So it looks like Yellow Fly Agaric. Be nice to let one develop and see a mature example.

Cheers Arry

Sorry mate been away from here for a bit …

I will tell the missus to leave one be if they come back 👍

On 03/08/2024 at 11:41, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

Just phoned her …

They were growing out the bottom of her spider plant indoors in the kitchen😳, she said she can still see some so she will try and save a couple and I will try to keep them alive and see what I can do 

12 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

Sorry mate been away from here for a bit …

I will tell the missus to leave one be if they come back 👍

6 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

Just phoned her …

They were growing out the bottom of her spider plant indoors in the kitchen😳, she said she can still see some so she will try and save a couple and I will try to keep them alive and see what I can do 

Sorry mate out of likes as usual. be nice to see a mature example.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1