• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out for another foraging mooch this morning. Was about two miles from the car and it pissed down and that f***ing Jack Pike jacket useless piece of shit let the rain through like a cheese cloth shirt

Out Foraging did get a feed but more stuff I didn't take. This striking mushroom stood out.  Probably "The Sickener" Poisonous. "The Stinking Dappling" Poisonous. This

Here are some Chanterelles I find they vary in colour the one we find in hedges and on banks covered in bushes by the river are a buff yellow like the ones you see on sale. Then a brighter one up in t

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Don't tell me 

Like chicken but richer

Ha Ha no mate nice mushroomy taste bit different, Some say a sea food taste but I don't get that myself.

Cheers Arry

8 minutes ago, Arry said:

Ha Ha no mate nice mushroomy taste bit different, Some say a sea food taste but I don't get that myself.

Cheers Arry

Glad you enjoyed it pal

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Arry said:

Other mushroom kit I've had going. Oyster mushrooms this time much slower but they have started now.

IMG_5025.jpeg.f6dd28e99ab4a45399d7f59398fc6cef.jpeg

Cheers Arry

They don't look as minging as them others

6 minutes ago, Black neck said:

They don't look as minging as them others

But Oysters don't taste as nice. 

Don't they grow fast though.

IMG_5047.jpeg.27efe3ca3c07d25d01730f9081036187.jpeg

IMG_5043.jpeg.aa546c35ef4936e25436115b2018be78.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Any idea what these are Arry saw them this morning growing in some mulch that was some type of willow that had been cut down. 

20240802_062517.jpg

20240802_062450.jpg

I'm sorry mate I'm not sure of what they are but I would not be looking to take or eat them. I'm not an expert I have learnt to just recognise maybe 12 or 15 different mushrooms to take safely lots more know and are not worth bothering with.

But if you take a picture of one or two closer and the under side (the gills) I will have a look though some of my books.

Cheers Arry

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Arry said:

I'm sorry mate I'm not sure of what they are but I would not be looking to take or eat them. I'm not an expert I have learnt to just recognise maybe 12 or 15 different mushrooms to take safely lots more know and are not worth bothering with.

But if you take a picture of one or two closer and the under side (the gills) I will have a look though some of my books.

Cheers Arry

Cheers Arry i will pull a few up in the morning and take some better pics.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Cheers Arry i will pull a few up in the morning and take some better pics.

There not one I would normally look at I don't like the little spindly white mushrooms the only one is the Champignons but that grows in grass ofter playing fields and lawns.

Check out this Site for ID of mushrooms I find it very good.

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

Edible and poisonous wild mushroom identification guide. When to pick, what to look for. Photos, video, safety tips for each mushroom.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Any idea what these are Arry saw them this morning growing in some mulch that was some type of willow that had been cut down. 

20240802_062517.jpg

20240802_062450.jpg

Well I put in Wood Chip Mushroom to Google and think these are good contenders.

"The Spring Field Cap" and I think the most lightly "The Wrinkled Field Cap" .

WAKEFIELDNATURALISTS.ORG

I was walking by the River Calder, near the Hepworth Gallery, when I spotted a mass of fungi on a pile of woodchips. I did my best to identify them using books...

I would not take or eat any of those myself.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Saw these around the base of a tree in the local pub almost field mushroom in appearance, any ideas 

90BC8554-373D-40FB-BB87-A4B22817E984.jpeg

D366DDF0-8108-4A1E-90CE-CE352092D016.jpeg

Sorry GM I'm not sure what they are will give it some thought and a look in the books.

How big are they mate?

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Saw these around the base of a tree in the local pub almost field mushroom in appearance, any ideas 

90BC8554-373D-40FB-BB87-A4B22817E984.jpeg

D366DDF0-8108-4A1E-90CE-CE352092D016.jpeg

Think I got it mate "popular Field cap" It is edible IF IT IS. You must be 100% to eat any mushroom.

Have a look at the link mate.

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

Poplar fieldcap, Cyclocybe cylindracea, Agrocybe aegerita, Basidiomycetes, Feildcaps, Saprotrophic on woods, Edible, Spring, Autumn

Cheers Arry