Veiw from your office

5 minutes ago, TOMO said:

There's a Gentrified part of Sunderland.....you be telling me there's a Gentrified part of Hull next

Gentrified compared to how it was mate 35 years ago it had a terrible reputation until “The Squares” were bulldozed and the tenants scattered to the four winds.

• Like 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leaving home for the office View from the office. Closer view from the office.....they are farmed deer.... The office. Planting new trees and re-establishing old lines

Beautiful day this morning. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

1 hour ago, kanny said:

Cheesy oak ...came out of a very old French cheese factory,  smelled of cheese when you cut it lol ...turned out nice 

20240403_110946_resized.jpg

IMG-20240430-WA0005_resized.jpg

IMG-20240430-WA0001_resized.jpg

IMG-20240430-WA0004.jpg

Not building work that it’s art 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, waltjnr said:

Islands bigger than my kitchen! I'd have to go outside to walk round it ! Nice bit of wood ,not sure about the cheese ,guess once it's sealed it'll be OK? 

Yeah it was only when you cut it you got a slight wiff...proper character that is , I use to make furniture for the Dutch,  reclaimed pine mostly,  they'd send a container load of pine cheese boards,  they were about 10ft by 2ft and a inch thick,  thousands of them ,we'd fill the container with furniture for its return, that stuff was fresh! Quite a strong pong lol , that oak I made the island with is likely well over a century old maybe  two so pretty mellow lol

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, kanny said:

Yeah it was only when you cut it you got a slight wiff...proper character that is , I use to make furniture for the Dutch,  reclaimed pine mostly,  they'd send a container load of pine cheese boards  they were about 10ft by 2ft and a inch thick,  thousands of them ,we'd fill the container with furniture for its return, that stuff was fresh! Quite a strong pong lol , that oak I made the island with is likely well over a century old maybe  two so pretty mellow lol

Well interesting, boring to you most probably lol ,does it change the properties of the wood at all ? Or literally just adds a smell ? 

7 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Well interesting, boring to you most probably lol ,does it change the properties of the wood at all ? Or literally just adds a smell ? 

Nah once you put them through the planer, take the skin off  they were pretty clean 

On the other side now this is the side that has the sun on it all day looks like a different colour boat but is cutting back alright 

8DCED95E-8077-4357-8225-FE79FD57EFE1.jpeg

3260B5FD-DD1E-4A5D-9BA5-2BEE20D13CD8.jpeg

315F2DD2-83BE-4E19-90B4-15661AF38F18.jpeg

7EE538A4-57FB-4C2D-8F3F-B466FDCA7FCD.jpeg

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

On the other side now this is the side that has the sun on it all day looks like a different colour boat but is cutting back alright 

8DCED95E-8077-4357-8225-FE79FD57EFE1.jpeg

3260B5FD-DD1E-4A5D-9BA5-2BEE20D13CD8.jpeg

315F2DD2-83BE-4E19-90B4-15661AF38F18.jpeg

7EE538A4-57FB-4C2D-8F3F-B466FDCA7FCD.jpeg

We Been out and about the last 2 weekends, looking at buying one,spending weekends etc on it, get a feel for it ,when the youngest hits 16 and finishes school,plan to sell/rent the houses and hopefully move onto one full time 5/6 yrs time...quite fancy buying one,and fitting it out my own way over the next few yrs,need to also decide where we plan to moor it,I like the idea of spending time navigating a network,then maybe lifting the boat out and spending the next few months/yr on a different network in another part of the country?...is that something thats doable? Only I think that travelling the same 35/37 miles up and down on the Brecon and Mon canal,could get boring? Plus staying there,we would be limited to the beam/width and overall length in size,nothing over 6ft 6 " wide I believe ?

If its ok with you,Id like to bring my Mrs over to have a chat , sometime next few months with yourself and your good lady,get some first hand experience,see if its for us?....Im all up for it,right now,happy to sell everything we got,and make it happen,but have to be realistic ,got to get the kids sorted first...👍

• Like 5

Started the day with a small sleeper wall, started to rain so back in stripping out, I’ve found what I believe to be asbestos floor tiles, my labour rate has just gone up 

IMG_9716.jpeg

IMG_9717.jpeg

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Started the day with a small sleeper wall, started to rain so back in stripping out, I’ve found what I believe to be asbestos floor tiles, my labour rate has just gone up 

IMG_9716.jpeg

IMG_9717.jpeg

A lot of them old floor tile do have asbestos in them. Take care mate.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

We Been out and about the last 2 weekends, looking at buying one,spending weekends etc on it, get a feel for it ,when the youngest hits 16 and finishes school,plan to sell/rent the houses and hopefully move onto one full time 5/6 yrs time...quite fancy buying one,and fitting it out my own way over the next few yrs,need to also decide where we plan to moor it,I like the idea of spending time navigating a network,then maybe lifting the boat out and spending the next few months/yr on a different network in another part of the country?...is that something thats doable? Only I think that travelling the same 35/37 miles up and down on the Brecon and Mon canal,could get boring? Plus staying there,we would be limited to the beam/width and overall length in size,nothing over 6ft 6 " wide I believe ?

If its ok with you,Id like to bring my Mrs over to have a chat , sometime next few months with yourself and your good lady,get some first hand experience,see if its for us?....Im all up for it,right now,happy to sell everything we got,and make it happen,but have to be realistic ,got to get the kids sorted first...👍

Mate your always welcome just let me know when, the mon brec ain’t the best canal for boating, beautiful scenery but often drys up in summer I had my first boat at goytre wharf but low loaded it over here more water and access to the whole network, I,f you fancy doing a fit out yourself have a look on boat wrecks .com they sell insurance right off pretty cheap but loads that have all the basics in you would need to refit, some have fire damage others have sunk and been refloated stuff changes quite regularly so worth a look once a month 

• Like 1