Gamekeepers - full or part time?

Hi all,

just a quick question for all you game keepers out there, I know there will be a lot of full time keepers on here but how many of you late and lasses keeper part time and are there any courses that you can do alongside working a regular job to better your knowledge?

At the beginning of this year I joined my first DIY shoot, we hold regular work parties (about a quartet of the member show up) but I absolutely love it, been learning a lot for, the guys there and just wondered how many other part time keepers there are out there and how you guys balance it with a regular job

thanks in advance  

I’ve been involved with shoots for a long time now, but it’s only in recent years that I’ve become a part time keeper, everything I’ve learned is from people on my shoot, other keepers and anyone else I can bother with my endless questions, I’m learning all the time but think I’m at a point now where I know enough to get by ?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Shooter86 said:

Thanks for the reply @Stavross seems the path I am following. I look forward to reading future posts and all the best with your shoot this season ??

Have a look at the “ back up at the shoot “ thread, it will give you an idea how I do things, if you can get through all the nonsense on there, mainly from BenBhoy ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
On 25/08/2021 at 10:08, Shooter86 said:

Hi all,

just a quick question for all you game keepers out there, I know there will be a lot of full time keepers on here but how many of you late and lasses keeper part time and are there any courses that you can do alongside working a regular job to better your knowledge?

At the beginning of this year I joined my first DIY shoot, we hold regular work parties (about a quartet of the member show up) but I absolutely love it, been learning a lot for, the guys there and just wondered how many other part time keepers there are out there and how you guys balance it with a regular job

thanks in advance  

A quartet? Did you have a good jam? ?????

• Haha 2