Rifle accessories

On a trip to see my mate in Northumberland earlier in the year we had a night out with his rifle with his new thermal scope. Although we didn’t shoot anything I got to handle his Tikka , it had a rubber bolt “knob” on it . He said they were brilliant and he had them on all his rifles now . I’m not one for needless accessories but it really made cycling the bolt a lot more positive, not that I can ever remember a time when I wasn’t able to cycle the bolt , but to my mind this slip on knob does work better . I am struggling to write this without leaving the door open to childish innuendo, so I’m just going to say it , is anyone else a fan of a large rubber knob , or have an accessory that they believe improves their shooting ? Over to you Ben ?

2A1F0F1C-279B-4517-BBC2-BDBED3A51072.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Never messed with the big bolt knobs but three accessories that are going on almost every rifle I shoot alot are 

1. A cheek riser of some sort. I just buy the cheap slip on ones for like $20. Improves accuracy almost immediately especially one cheaper rifles with crap cheek welds.

Screenshot_20210815-010352.png.08097d713678b9dcf7213957e48609d2.png

2. A 6-9" swiveling bipod with a throw lever. A bipod for obvious reasons but that little trow lever that leats you lock the cant tightness makes life so much easier. Especially with gloves.

Screenshot_20210815-010552.png.a5cb51ab283478d613d691ea4905104d.png

3. An anti cant scope level. I just get the little 2 for $10 cheap ones but one syou get them set up they really help tighten up your groups !Screenshot_20210815-010317.png.f85067363ed2c13a84cd463324002534.png

• Like 2

My mates got the orange one of these on his .223 but he’s got hands like a gorilla he said it’s loads better!

C64C97EA-50E2-47DA-AE07-6C819CAB5661.png.3ee96321cc19a2fcfe59b39409992ae5.png

That said my 204 has one as standard, I like it cos it’s easy to cycle when your hands are freezing and you’ve got gloves on?

8 minutes ago, si brown said:

My mates got the orange one of these on his .223 but he’s got hands like a gorilla he said it’s loads better!

C64C97EA-50E2-47DA-AE07-6C819CAB5661.png.3ee96321cc19a2fcfe59b39409992ae5.png

That said my 204 has one as standard, I like it cos it’s easy to cycle when your hands are freezing and you’ve got gloves on?

When I saw these oversized looking things , I thought it was a gimmick, but they are a lot better . And as you say would work well with cold , gloved hands.  However the orange ones don’t fo it for me . I’ve never looked for my bolt and thought “ where is it , I can’t see it “ . ???

1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve never looked for my bolt and thought “ where is it , I can’t see it “ .

No, but in freezing weather, I've  looked for my knob and thought "where is it, I can't see it "!! Maybe an oversized orange one would help!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

When I saw these oversized looking things , I thought it was a gimmick, but they are a lot better . And as you say would work well with cold , gloved hands.  However the orange ones don’t fo it for me . I’ve never looked for my bolt and thought “ where is it , I can’t see it “ . ???

Got to confess I’ve stood on my rifle before when I’ve put it down at night and the keeper I was out with last night left his rifle propped up against a wire fence and didn’t remember till we nearly got back to the car… was a right trek too!

mabe there’s a market for massive glow in the dark nobs?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

No, but in freezing weather, I've  looked for my knob and thought "where is it, I can't see it "!! Maybe an oversized orange one would help!! 

I cast that one out on the surface like a well tied dry fly , and you rose from the depths like a fat triploid rainbow trout and devoured it . You can’t help yourself.???

• Haha 4
20 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I found a draw full of these at home, ideal for the bolt, if anyone wants to give one a go, let me know 

2CAD3BFF-1377-4199-B5DC-8C616A28E053.png

You got me in trouble Stavross. I was reading the previous post and my nosy wife looked over my shoulder and said “ what the hell are you looking at “!!!!! ??? I had a bit of explaining to do . Might not be online for a while…….off to A&E 

• Haha 3