Pye bred dogs

14 hours ago, zigzag dan said:

It sounds as though you lads up there know him ?, he guaranteed all his bullxs on all quarry, and in the case of Tiny and Chance he was spot on ? 

Seen a few bullx from BG and all have done the job and done it well. 

My pup is bred from a bull x from BG. 

• Like 2

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wouldn't bother mate find your self a pup out parents doing what you want , going have loads people messaging you  selling pye line breed dogs when truth is pie been dead that long his blood his blood

? I've scant knowledge of Bull bred Lurchers,.. however,...I would endorse that advice regarding breeding.. I remember , many years ago when I kept 'Hard Blood' , non pedigree, race whippets..

Not all bull x are super heavy especially in the hands of someone that understands that and runs fast stuff with them. The heavier they are the hotter they get aswell no matter how fit youve got them.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Greb147 said:

One of my uncles best mates bred his own dogs off a bulldog he bought in off a local gypsy who was a dog man.

This was well before the Rhys dogs started to make a name for themselves in the area.

The same can be said of his dogs, I hate people name throwing if they haven't seen them go themselves.

I've lamped with Rhys and seen a few of his well known dogs do the business but horses for courses, they aren't running machines despite being killing machines but if a dog with that kinda power isn't good for killing then they need nocking over the head IMO.

Thing is they cant kill it if they cant catch it.And if a 80lb dog cant do something 4times smaller than itself that cant run either like you say what are they good for.

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, Jude said:

Would be interesting to see if there will be any bull x’s  from today  talked about in 20 years time like pie ect. 

Times deffo change. The internet and fools make legends out of shite, whilst very good dogs crack on under the radar. The ban allowed people to claim a lot without showing anything. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Times deffo change. The internet and fools make legends out of shite, whilst very good dogs crack on under the radar. The ban allowed people to claim a lot without showing anything. 

I can assure you pye ect weren't shite regarding work  infact I bet most of the bull xs today couldn't do what they were doing regular  ? 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Blackmag said:

I can assure you pye ect weren't shite regarding work  infact I bet most of the bull xs today couldn't do what they were doing regular  ? 

You miss understand me. I was referring to a lot of the self made legends of today ? 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, downsouth said:

Thing is they cant kill it if they cant catch it.And if a 80lb dog cant do something 4times smaller than itself that cant run either like you say what are they good for.

I have owned and seen 3/4 catch as good as any mutt on anything bred direct out of pye

Edited by Blackmag
3 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Most sensible reply I’ve heard on here so far

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, downsouth said:

That's it mate, when you're crossing bull crosses you should be able to have your cake and eat it.

Meaning you should be able to find dogs fast enough and hard enough.

I'm not going to say his dogs weren't fast enough to catch foxes cos they did but you know yourself they are not a gimme for units like those dogs.

The Pye dog from the pics shown looks like it could run for a first cross, not sure what stuff it was made of but if it could take the stick then I'm sure it was a handy dog.

• Like 1