Saluki's and their crosses.

Mint thread this ?

I reckon Green lurchers ain't so green and having fun ,? 

Right from catching up salukis and their xs don't retrieve ??? Or take you back to stuff they can't carry ?

They are thick as a brick ?

And they need slop to run on  ?

How deluded are you FFS ?

Now I ain't knocking the whippets to be fair one of the best providers of game for me was a whippet with a smidge of collie but if sally got up at fifty yards it was probably safe anything under that is was a done deal ?

But to say probably the cleverest of the pure bred sighthounds is thick shows that not many that can do a dog has tried them ?

I have been lucky to have had a few top quality animals in my time three of these have been pure breds as easy to bring on as any line bred lurcher ..

And lastly on the galgo run fensarefar is right on the track running my first pure was bought off Hughie weaver from Newark in 1980 as a blown dog they had run him to pieces gambling him on aerodromes where he would run the grass at side of the runways leaving his opponents crippled after their first run and staying on the tarmac ?

Like many sauki X's do ? What other sighthound would do that my answer not many ?

But please don't get a pure  one they are thick won't mark rabbits or hunt everything this land has to offer they can't catch hares in small fields and rabbits round the doors or go out at night for roosting Gamebirds stick to your comfort zone please ????

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

Greb ?

I had kept a line of lurcher since the late seventies the best dog I have ever owned was from then if I told you what he did there would be the usual idiots saying no way but trust me he did..

I had to live off the juks so maybe my circumstances made the dog more I don't know but he was rated he had over 200 pups I never took one even though my best mate at the the bred two litters from him ..

The only time I did was when the lads who owned Merlin of the Merlin and Eve breeding used him.

I took a bitch the imprint of the dam and also ended up with a brother when she got killed on the field ..

Now she produced and he produced for me they kept me going till they passed I had youngsters off them but ended up losing my legs for a while with generalised tetanus got back out of that a grabbed a dog pup back half my breeding and a quarter Nuttall bred he was last of the line ..

He got lamed running something onto rape stubble and then when I petted him off and bought a pure bitch to put him across he got run over..

Why I've stuck with the pures is simple I have the time 24/7

And I find the lurchers lacking in what I require now if I was younger and into what I was for many years I'd be looking at heavier types.

But for fun and small edible game I will stick with what I have ?

• Like 9

Now here is an example of how thick the pures are ?

Best bitch I owned was 23 at a push with a very thin neck she couldn't carry big hares ..

Rabbits pigeon squirrel pheasant no problem but Hares no she physically couldn't ..

I never left a hare with her she would come back tail wagging but not come to hand and lead you to her kill but I was learning dogs to take me back to stuff they couldn't carry when I was fourteen so knew the drill ??

• Like 3

There is a few good vidios out there of years ago way some saluki x carrying I dont think they ever made the public views yet A Story to share is the best thing I've ever read on coursing cracking right up of the past  I may be wrong but iam shure that's what its called ??