Trainability

Most trainable lurcher/cross  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most trainable/biddable lurcher cross out of the options below

• lurcher to lurcher
    • whippet x greyhound
    • (collie, kelpie, cattle dog) x greyhound
    • bull x greyhound
    • saluki x greyhound
    • purebreeds

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same as most veteran lurcher enthusiasts,..I've enjoyed walking out with many different running dog hybrids? Loved them all and had success,.. and of course,..failures with them all..? AS fo

Some time back I watched a lads lurcher bitch jump over a sheep fence chasing a rabbit, the rabbit came back through and the bitch jumped back over this went on over a distance up the fence she did na

Tried calling my whippet of one or two risky chases, heart in my mouth sometimes, and eyes closed but she survived , only to succumb to cushings , cracking worker lived for work and so i put work in f

Posted Images

? year of doubling up ? ?? 

from little pup I’d have it out watching older dog have it bouncing can let it have a go with the  older dog but proberly not needed once dogs into it make sure it goes to neck a lot will anyway ?? 

• Haha 1
Just now, South hams hunter said:

how would you enter them then?

I would’nt I don’t hunt fox now ? 

if I need any retrieving Labrador could do it 

if back in the day I was entering one it be how I said above ?? ? 

10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

? year of doubling up ? ?? 

from little pup I’d have it out watching older dog have it bouncing can let it have a go with the  older dog but proberly not needed once dogs into it make sure it goes to neck a lot will anyway ?? 

how would ensure it goes to the neck?

1 minute ago, South hams hunter said:

how would ensure it goes to the neck?

It’s a dog unless it likes a fight it will mainly go for the neck or bred off bulldogs that arse bite start back end stomach 

My dogs play with other dogs mate where do they go even playing ? and they see from older dog 

even Preban bambi only want pulling then neck finish otherwise load noise unnessceary suffering and nothing to eat ? 

good dog finish either in seconds ?? pre ban 

I dig one with the terriers...shoot it and  let them have a rag with the other dogs...try and get them a 3/4 grown cub or 2 as they mature..slip them once or twice with an older dog,then try them on their own at 16/18 months old..never owned a runner that wouldn't run and drop one by the time they was 2 yr old..?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

most dogs that killed quickly have normally smashed up the rib cage

There’d be punched holes you can fit finger in shoulders down back from the pulling but want them to neck your runnning crunchers ?? 

Edited by mC HULL
3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I dig one with the terriers...shoot it and  let them have a rag with the other dogs...try and get them a 3/4 grown cub or 2 as they mature..slip them once or twice with an older dog,then try them on their own at 16/18 months old..never owned a runner that wouldn't run and drop one by the time they was 2 yr old..?

spot on, obviously depends on age of pup but 18months to 2 years when you get the 'corn cubs' in july is my opinion. as the dog matures and gets used to it, the cubs get bigger with their progression

• Like 1