Trainability

Most trainable lurcher/cross  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most trainable/biddable lurcher cross out of the options below

• lurcher to lurcher
    • whippet x greyhound
    • (collie, kelpie, cattle dog) x greyhound
    • bull x greyhound
    • saluki x greyhound
    • purebreeds

27 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Man int pub said and Google statistics gets used a lot on here in posts  lol ? 

man int pub is pissed talking shite and Google will have you believeing a whippet beat greyhound out the trap ? let the lesson be don’t listen to piss heads and Google is full a shit aswell most of the time ? 

Found this on Google ? 

Brown hare – top speed 72kph

Brown hares are Britain's fastest land mammal

mental the fastest U.K. mammal and the slow plodding Sal excels ? 

Salukis actually bore hares to death ye know. They'd make good hounds if they give a bit of voice when hunting. 

• Haha 6

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same as most veteran lurcher enthusiasts,..I've enjoyed walking out with many different running dog hybrids? Loved them all and had success,.. and of course,..failures with them all..? AS fo

Some time back I watched a lads lurcher bitch jump over a sheep fence chasing a rabbit, the rabbit came back through and the bitch jumped back over this went on over a distance up the fence she did na

Tried calling my whippet of one or two risky chases, heart in my mouth sometimes, and eyes closed but she survived , only to succumb to cushings , cracking worker lived for work and so i put work in f

Posted Images

Fastest mammal in world cheetah get out run by these ? 

97 km/h
Maximum, In Short Bursts, Running
image.jpeg.c93dc2820c0ea58fcbc5c98a96298953.jpeg
Gazelles can reach speeds up to 60 mph in short bursts and sustain speeds of 30 to 40 mph. When running, gazelles use a bounding leap, called "pronking" or "stotting," which involves stiffly springing into the air with all four feet.

what dog excels running these lol 
Just now, dogmandont said:

Salukis actually bore hares to death ye know. They'd make good hounds if they give a bit of voice when hunting. 

Lol I was just coming round to you dogmandont ? 

fast going early season good one kill them like a good grey ?? 

Look at this way you tried running one with a bull cross dead winter you wouldn’t put a bend in off 20 yd slip mate dog be broke never to be same again one run ?? 

If I come would my courser run more reds than yours could manage big tabs ? ?? 

10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Look at this way you tried running one with a bull cross dead winter you wouldn’t put a bend in off 20 yd slip mate dog be broke never to be same again one run ?? 

Your doing it again ?

17 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Fastest mammal in world cheetah get out run by these ? 

97 km/h
Maximum, In Short Bursts, Running
image.jpeg.c93dc2820c0ea58fcbc5c98a96298953.jpeg
Gazelles can reach speeds up to 60 mph in short bursts and sustain speeds of 30 to 40 mph. When running, gazelles use a bounding leap, called "pronking" or "stotting," which involves stiffly springing into the air with all four feet.

what dog excels running these lol 

That goes back to what I was trying to explain to you about acceleration and whippets. These beat cheetahs because they have better acceleration and reach top speed much quicker and can turn better. 

50 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Man int pub said and Google statistics gets used a lot on here in posts  lol ? 

man int pub is pissed talking shite and Google will have you believeing a whippet beat greyhound out the trap ? let the lesson be don’t listen to piss heads and Google is full a shit aswell most of the time ? 

Found this on Google ? 

Brown hare – top speed 72kph

Brown hares are Britain's fastest land mammal

mental the fastest U.K. mammal and the slow plodding Sal excels ? 

That speed is in a straight line, not turning. So they can reach that but to turn they have to slow down which is why salukis get a fair chance. Salukis excel on ground that suits them, our small little fields they wouldn't get 5 minutes to bore the hare into submission 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, South hams hunter said:

Your doing it again ?

Stating facts ? 

what do you run south ? I take it you ferret on land surrounded by 12 foot hedgerows with gates from what I can gather is it the garden of Eden ? because I’ve never run anywhere like that ? ?? 

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Behave yourself ye wingnut do ye think everyone on here is as green as the grass. Lol. 

Not put a bend in on a 20 yard slip ????

2 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

That goes back to what I was trying to explain to you about acceleration and whippets. These beat cheetahs because they have better acceleration and reach top speed much quicker and can turn better. 

That speed is in a straight line, not turning. So they can reach that but to turn they have to slow down which is why salukis get a fair chance. Salukis excel on ground that suits them, our small little fields they wouldn't get 5 minutes to bore the hare into submission 

Hare can stop speed up faster than anything I think full speed anchor  full speed 

so dog has to hit more than 45 to put a bend in ? you realise a hare can keep top speed up for few miles no other mammal come close in U.K. ?? 

a whippet can not turn better or accelerate faster than a cheetah mate ?? 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

Stating facts ? 

what do you run south ? I take it you ferret on land surrounded by 12 foot hedgerows with gates from what I can gather is it the garden of Eden ? because I’ve never run anywhere like that ? ?? 

No talking about stuff you shouldn't. 

Im in Devon, we have small fields with lots of gates mainly and yes big high thick hedges. 

Our typical ground, no big fields or stock fencing 

Screenshot_20210407_221432_com.google.earth.jpg

Screenshot_20210407_221716.jpg

• Like 2
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

Hare can stop speed up faster than anything I think full speed anchor  full speed 

so dog has to hit more than 45 to put a bend in ? you realise a hare can keep top speed up for few miles no other mammal come close in U.K. ?? 

Do you think no other breed of lurcher can lift a hare?? The saluki may be the master at it but come on da fcuk dude get your head outta your dogs hole ffs. Lololol. 

I had a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie lift 3 outta 3 in November in small fields round here not a drop of fcukin saluki in sight. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

No the gazelle can but its the same principle as a whippet and greyhound. 

Hares can keep top speed if they've the room to do it