Trainability

Most trainable lurcher/cross  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most trainable/biddable lurcher cross out of the options below

• lurcher to lurcher
    • whippet x greyhound
    • (collie, kelpie, cattle dog) x greyhound
    • bull x greyhound
    • saluki x greyhound
    • purebreeds

2 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

No i get that, been there and got a wardrobe full from it. I was being specific to mC HULL, whats he got to prove to strangers on the Web 

I ain’t got a clue mate 

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same as most veteran lurcher enthusiasts,..I've enjoyed walking out with many different running dog hybrids? Loved them all and had success,.. and of course,..failures with them all..? AS fo

Some time back I watched a lads lurcher bitch jump over a sheep fence chasing a rabbit, the rabbit came back through and the bitch jumped back over this went on over a distance up the fence she did na

Tried calling my whippet of one or two risky chases, heart in my mouth sometimes, and eyes closed but she survived , only to succumb to cushings , cracking worker lived for work and so i put work in f

Posted Images

Just now, South hams hunter said:

No i get that, been there and got a wardrobe full from it. I was being specific to mC HULL, whats he got to prove to strangers on the Web 

Just day out with mutts mate show hil

Just now, South hams hunter said:

Nothing compares to mC hulls coursing dogs and he'll prove it

Lol I am not that daft mate what I said I’ll run I’ll stop majority there lads on here do hundred bunny’s I’d try with them but wouldn’t expect to come close by end of the night ? there whip x would beat me dog ? 

8 hours ago, dogmandont said:

If a dog can't jump round here you'll be missing a lot of stuff. 

same here mate if a lurcher wont jump 

8 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

As i just said to dogmandont we got solid hedges so things go through em not over them. 

You wouldn't want a dog jumping backwards and forwards over the mesh imo, takes too long and not an issue I've ever seen tbh. 

No I just open gates and walk through em

if a lurcher wont jump your missing a hell of a lot of stuff be it hedges or fences it needs go through or over whatevers in front of it withing reason if i see a dog pull up at a fence or hedge in my eyes its a non trier ...and opening gates....haha thats a red card here mate what about the racket?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Just day out with mutts mate show hil

Lol I am not that daft mate what I said I’ll run I’ll stop majority there lads on here do hundred bunny’s I’d try with them but wouldn’t expect to come close by end of the night ? there whip x would beat me dog ? 

Beep...beep... Warning, reversing! ?

Just now, jackthelad said:

if a lurcher wont jump your missing a hell of a lot of stuff be it hedges or fences it needs go through or over whatevers in front of it withing reason if i see a dog pull up at a fence or hedge in my eyes its a non trier ...and opening gates....haha thats a red card here mate what about the racket?

Half our hedges are 10/12 foot high, they don't jump em they have to go through em.  Easy enough to open a gate quiet and less noise imo then clambering over it with lamp/battery and dog jumping. 

5 hours ago, downsouth said:

Id put that down more to lack of decent training/stockbreaking by a lot of bull cross owners

My collie bull grey will not look at sheep due to the stock breaking. Pain in the ass on the lamp and what your running heads right for them and won’t follow ??

1 hour ago, poxon said:

I didn’t because I didn’t need to there was no stock for miles around all large arible for miles around an no gates I went for years without stock breaking any dogs an we’ve had some good catch dogs ?? I do now but not intentionally really stock break I’m just among stock we’re ive moved to an were I lamp through stock now the bitch I’m running now is stock broke but it’s more stock broke without me knowing I’ve stock broke her if that makes sense my white bitch I got rid of was never stock broke just never showed no interest her only interest was catching rabbits through stock she didn’t see stock till two yrs old an her mother didn’t see stock till about 4 maybe 5 yrs old just no interest in stock worrying 

I had a dog like that once that never saw a sheep off lead until he was two. One morning on the way to work I sent him off across two fields. He had a run and lost it and started heading back and I noticed he had to pass through some sheep. Thought mmm this could go wrong but he never even glanced at them and from that day I trusted him fully until he donked him self in a ditch one night :(

• Like 1