Homeschooling......

16 minutes ago, sid g said:

i feel for any parent having to do it my mate was telling me he did some work on a single parents house last week the gal shouts up to her son at 11 am its time to get up he shouted downstairs fook off and if you think i`m doing any school work fooking forget it nice from a 10 year old ...

His mother should have  trailed him down the stairs head first by the ears. 

There's a 9, 7 and 5 year old getting home schooled here at the minute and it does get a bit emotional now and again lol but the 2 youngest are back to school on Monday so hopefully things are gonna slowly get back to some kind of normality for them. 

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, sid g said:

i feel for any parent having to do it my mate was telling me he did some work on a single parents house last week the gal shouts up to her son at 11 am its time to get up he shouted downstairs fook off and if you think i`m doing any school work fooking forget it nice from a 10 year old ...

It's f***ing sad to see that sort of thing. I remember seeing similar in Grantham on the streets. :no:

Still, nothing a bit of water boarding wouldn't fix.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

There's a 9, 7 and 5 year old getting home schooled here at the minute and it does get a bit emotional now and again lol but the 2 youngest are back to school on Monday so hopefully things are gonna slowly get back to some kind of normality for them. 

Unfortunately most younger mothers now days are glad there kids are stuck in there room most days on there computers or phones..

Leaves the mothers to sit on there phones all day..

Kids off to day just arnt like kids say 20 30 years ago..

The world and the people are nothing like then..never see kids out playing now on the estates..even sitting in the garden summer time you not hear the kids playing in there garden..sad times men...

• Like 7
12 minutes ago, tb25 said:

Unfortunately most younger mothers now days are glad there kids are stuck in there room most days on there computers or phones..

Leaves the mothers to sit on there phones all day..

Kids off to day just arnt like kids say 20 30 years ago..

The world and the people are nothing like then..never see kids out playing now on the estates..even sitting in the garden summer time you not hear the kids playing in there garden..sad times men...

??

1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

Think for generations now we’ve been spoilt rotten in this country. I see education as a privilege not a right. People complain about being skint and needing state benefits to raise their kids, yet can’t keep them in school to get an education that might be a ticket out of poverty. Benefits should be doled out on condition that the kids toe the line and do their bit to help themselves, rather than always looking to someone else to pay, or someone else to blame for their shit life.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

Think for generations now we’ve been spoilt rotten in this country. I see education as a privilege not a right. People complain about being skint and needing state benefits to raise their kids, yet can’t keep them in school to get an education that might be a ticket out of poverty. Benefits should be doled out on condition that the kids toe the line and do their bit to help themselves, rather than always looking to someone else to pay, or someone else to blame for their shit life.

??

My daughter said to me this morning " Looking forward to real school on Monday so the kids don't have to sit in front of a screen doing remote learning" 

Better for them to be interactive in a class I believe.

Cheers, D.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, dytkos said:

My daughter said to me this morning " Looking forward to real school on Monday so the kids don't have to sit in front of a screen doing remote learning" 

Better for them to be interactive in a class I believe.

Cheers, D.

I get that. It’s been really frustrating at times. Mine are back in school on the 15th. I hope they never have to do this home schooling again. We’ve done our best, but their progress will still have suffered. 
My missus works at a primary school in a ‘deprived’ area, and she says a lot of the kids have done little or none of the work set by teachers in the lock downs. These kids of 7, 8, 9.., years old have lost the best part of a year, and will never catch up now. Their education, and the prospect of all it could bring them in life, fcuked. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, pesky1972 said:

I get that. It’s been really frustrating at times. Mine are back in school on the 15th. I hope they never have to do this home schooling again. We’ve done our best, but their progress will still have suffered. 
My missus works at a primary school in a ‘deprived’ area, and she says a lot of the kids have done little or none of the work set by teachers in the lock downs. These kids of 7, 8, 9.., years old have lost the best part of a year, and will never catch up now. Their education, and the prospect of all it could bring them in life, fcuked. 

I was chatting to a teacher yesterday who said her years 7 through 9 have dissappeared off the face of the earth. Its only gcse and a levels that are logging in for their English classes 

40 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Best place for them TOMO ‘ it’s not just the academic side but it’s where they thrive around others of similar age .

Shortening the 6 weeks hols to 4 going forward is being mooted 

Teachers won’t like that .

They shouldn't shorten it; teachers have had to work double during this and can't just take annual leave like a normal job. It's all good saying shorten the holidays but who's gonna give the teachers the extra 2 weeks they've earnt

• Like 1

Teachers seem to be getting a poor press lately and the perception is this is one long holiday for them ,I can only speak about what I know ,and I know of one teacher who has always been conscientious and hard working ,but since this outbreak has had to work harder and longer than ever before ,early starts and late night's are the norm ,learning and doing things outside of her remit is everyday ,the worry and concern about her students ,the dealing with idiot ,lazy irresponsible parents the mountains of red tape every cough in school entails is all taking its toll on her and it breaks my heart when she has to read some of the tripe written about her profession ,too easy to make teachers the whipping boys in all this .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1