Shamima Begum.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, that supprised me ! The Supreme Court has comprehensively over ruled the Court of Appeal and said Begum will not be allowed back into the UK to fight her case to get her passport back !

Give her 1 behind the ear, along with her offspring... Same goes for those other cnuts from Grangetown who went out there..... Their extended families still here should be sent back to their shit hole

Posted Images

Just remember it was the government that made the decision to revoke her citizenship and prevent her return for the appeal trial. The Supreme Court simply upheld it as legal.

That said I have quite a bit of faith in the Supreme Court tbh. Even when they rule against my personal politics I still tend to believe it was the correct interpretation of the law. It's really important that they don't just 'do as the people want' and instead act totally objectively and impartially. 

• Like 6

I don't think the Supreme Court judgement was about the legality of removing her passport, it was more about the Home Secretaries refusal to allow her back into the country to fight her case in person.

Her lawyers were told she could give evidence over a video link, but they insisted it infringed her human rights.

The High Court said she couldn't come back for the hearing, the Court of Appeal over ruled them and said she could, and now the highest court in the land and has over ruled them !

Is this the end of it ? I don't know, her next step will be to take it to the ECHR, then we will see who really runs the country.

Cheers.

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I don't think the Supreme Court judgement was about the legality of removing her passport, it was more about the Home Secretaries refusal to allow her back into the country to fight her case in person.

Her lawyers were told she could give evidence over a video link, but they insisted it infringed her human rights.

The High Court said she couldn't come back for the hearing, the Court of Appeal over ruled them and said she could, and now the highest court in the land and has over ruled them !

Is this the end of it ? I don't know, her next step will be to take it to the ECHR, then we will see who really runs the country.

Cheers.

ho the fk is paying for all this /  as if i didnt know ,let this be the end of the matter  , human rights     ffs  she gave all that up  when she became a traitor .off with her head!!!.

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Yes I agree. But the credit for that decision and the precluding decision to revoke citizenship belongs to the government. All the court did was say the government acted legally on the former.

Edited by Born Hunter
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Give her 1 behind the ear, along with her offspring... Same goes for those other cnuts from Grangetown who went out there..... Their extended families still here should be sent back to their shit holes too?

Well at least that one got nailed by a drone ?

8 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Just remember it was the government that made the decision to revoke her citizenship and prevent her return for the appeal trial. The Supreme Court simply upheld it as legal.

That said I have quite a bit of faith in the Supreme Court tbh. Even when they rule against my personal politics I still tend to believe it was the correct interpretation of the law. It's really important that they don't just 'do as the people want' and instead act totally objectively and impartially. 

I know that the girls were only 15 when they went on what they thought was the  trip of a lifetime but even at that age they knew right from wrong.  Admittedly some of them have been killed and she has splogged out three times, and all three of them have died but there is no reason that an appeal couldn't be done by video link.  From the governments angle, if they were to let her back into this country, they would be stuck with the problem of deporting her,  but to where.?  she might be in Syria BUT  She ain't Syrian .  No country would accept her as a stateless person.  She was born and bred here so there ain't anywhere to go.  It should be looked at as to who is picking up the legal  bill to make these challenges. they are the ones that need a bit of a tuning up. And the family ought to be having an investigation as to their part in this sorry state of affairs.

• Like 2