New lamp - which one?

Lightforce Blitz (240)

Spot on lamps, but downgrade the bulb from 100w to 50w.

I use a wet cell (motorcucle type) battery its about 16a and has lasts me a good time, even with the 100w bulb. Only problem is they need a bit of attention, the acid levels need topping up, dont let them drain to much otherwise you could damage the cell.

The 240 lamp is briliant, some say its too much, well if you lamp a lot of places like paddocks and places with small fields then a little clu-lite would probably do, but for normal lamping i wouldnt use anything smaller than the 240, its also excellent for lamping off the back of the van.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOOTS,i use a lightforce 170,Ginger uses a laserlite,he just bought a new one after using the laserlite i bought him for over 6 years. The little work lite on it is very handy at times :good: ,but for me it's the lightforce everytime. :good:

Boots

I use an L F Striker 170 with the dimmer and i think its awsome, my [bANNED TEXT] takes the

L F Blitz 240 with dimmer excellent lamp. Though i dont find it hugeley more powerfull than the 170 but it dose give more beam, i personally dont like the size of the lamp, but they seem very popular. Also my [bANNED TEXT] said the clip on colour lenz are a nightmare to put on due to the number of clips on it, he resolved it by cutting some off <_<

you dont want a canvas bag, get an old oil bottle, clean it out, get the smell out of it, bolt on a 2" wide strap, fire your battery in and pack around the edges to stop battery moving about. Fling it over your shoulder.

Or if you prefer a back pack, then put 2 straps on it so it resembles a back pack.

Any boffins out there that can tell me what size battery is best for the lazerlite to last for 5 or 6 hours lamping? I am currently using a 12v 7ah and it is as flat as a fart after an hour of lamping.

i dont know anything about lazerlites but get the biggest ampage battery you can it will last longer and take being rundown better.its like car batteries when you replace it pays to buy heavyduty if keeping the car .i always buy a diesel battery [heavy ampage].for my landies.i am getting lightforce when i get ariound to it im only getting the 140 as i dont want to bright a beam but will still get 17ah battery to run it .look in countrymans weekly i priced it up between 2 for the cheapest i think they were arthur carter and either ian hodge or johnsons.

go to an electrical dealer for dry cell batteries nearly half the price of deben and arther carter and that lot.the batteries are used in alarms as back up for power cuts,my mate is an electrician and gets me a 12v 7amp battery for a tenner,i buy 2 and make a 14 amp pack add a bit of seat belt to the belt pack to make it like an harness,sorted comfortable and wont slip down.i run a blitz lamp with a 50 watt bulb in off these packs.

all the best

Guest bobbys back

i use a battery out of a golf buggy 17ah

i put it in my boyd old ruksak and wrap it in an old jumper

to stop it digging me back it works a treat

i get the batterys from the local recycling center for free :yahoo:

lightforce / laserlite (swings and rounderbouts)

i perfer a better beem but the little ligh comes in very handy

Guest knocavoeboy

anyone using the hotspot 500,000 candle power very light trigger type. had one of these but some arsehole smashed the lens. served me well had a filter that worled perfectly killled alot of stuff with it. might look for another.

the ultimate lamp is optronics nightblaster 400,000 cp. it comes in clear/blue eye. i,ve had lazerlite(crap) and have a striker, i only use this as a back up. the nightblaster can last forever on my 12v 17amp battery.