New lamp - which one?

I would get the Lightforce striker 170 mate, a much better beam on it than the Lazerlite, although that is a good lamp as well, and has worked well for years.

I think that the Blitz has a bigger bulb in it than the striker ???.... that's why the battery drains quicker, also you need to check what size bulb is in the Striker because when i phoned around for mine and asked what size bulb was in there i had a few different answers.

SINDASOX  ;)

as i said the reflectcr makes the better beam, i have a 50 watt bulb in my blitz and its still a longer beam than the striker

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well peter goes to show how much you know about lamping because the  blitz do drain the batt faster then a 170. 1 its a lot brighter which makes it use more batt juice and before you ask yes i do have a blitz and a 170 .vince

Your write about one thing mate what i know about lamping isn't worth knowing I've only had dogs a season or so. I am sorry for disrespecting such a seasoned pro as yourself.

With Humble Apologies...............Peter :yahoo:

yeah you divvie :11:

I would get the Lightforce striker 170 mate, a much better beam on it than the Lazerlite, although that is a good lamp as well, and has worked well for years.

I think that the Blitz has a bigger bulb in it than the striker ???.... that's why the battery drains quicker, also you need to check what size bulb is in the Striker because when i phoned around for mine and asked what size bulb was in there i had a few different answers.

SINDASOX  ;)

just been on www.lightforce.net.au and on the site it states that there is 2 different types of bulb used in the striker and blitz models.One is a gl02 which is a 100watt longlife which gives 350,000cp in the striker and 730,000cp in the blitz.The other bulb they use is a gl03 which is 50watt and gives 380,000cp in the striker and690,000cp in the blitz.So basically it depends which bulb you have in your own lamp as to whether it drains the battery more than the other.Obviously the 100 watt bulb will run your battery down quicker than a 50 watt model.

SINDASOX   ;)

just been on www.lightforce.net.au and on the site it states that there is 2 different types of bulb used in the striker and blitz models.One is a gl02 which is a 100watt longlife which gives 350,000cp in the striker and 730,000cp in the blitz.The other bulb they use is a gl03 which is 50watt and gives 380,000cp in the striker and690,000cp in the blitz.So basically it depends which bulb you have in your own lamp as to whether it drains the battery more than the other.Obviously the 100 watt bulb will run your battery down quicker than a 50 watt model.

just been back on the site and found there is also a third bulb they fit in the lamps which is even more powerful which is a gl06 which is 100 watt and gives 530,000cp in the striker and 1000,000cp in the blitz.Thats 3 different bulbs you could have in your lamps with 3 different levels of drain on the battery. :good:

My lamp. or should I say my battery packed up on me one night, I had a torch in my car, one of those big red ones with a handle on top, that take two large square batteries with the curly terminals...I caught another 17 rabbits using this...sure rabbits dont know what they are being lamped, does the make of lamp really matter????

• 1 month later...
Any boffins out there that can tell me what size battery is best for the lazerlite to last for 5 or 6 hours lamping? I am currently using a 12v 7ah and it is as flat as a fart after an hour of lamping.

i dont know anything about lazerlites but get the biggest ampage battery you can it will last longer and take being rundown better.its like car batteries when you replace it pays to buy heavyduty if keeping the car .i always buy a diesel battery [heavy ampage].for my landies.i am getting lightforce when i get ariound to it im only getting the 140 as i dont want to bright a beam but will still get 17ah battery to run it .look in countrymans weekly i priced it up between 2 for the cheapest i think they were arthur carter and either ian hodge or johnsons.

17 amp it is. Now is ut best to buy the battery separate and then get something to carry it in? Canvas or metal box or belt pack? Any suggestions or hard learnt handy hints?

in my youth i had a old ammo box it was heavy and clanged against gates.go for a sealed battery with canvas pack so no acid spillage to rot it out.