New lamp - which one?

It's time to replace my old (9yrs :icon_redface: ) lamping kit for something a bit new - my new job only gives me one day off per week, so more lamping is on the cards :ph34r: . A couple of mates are using Strikeforce 170's (I think) with 18a/h belt packs, although I haven't been out with them lately to evaluate them. What would you guys recommend?

I would prefer something with a belt pack, cos when I put my old battery in a backpack and go over fences etc. it belts me on the back of the noggin :blink: .

So, what? Where from? and How much? (er, please ;) )

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lightforce lamp a proffesional lighting range featuring an adjustable focus system available in three sizes lance:140 400m beam

striker:170 600m beam

blitze:240 800m beam

you can view these mate at ian.hodge10@btopenworld.com these are the best lamps on the market mate.

Lightforce striker for all-round use... can't beat it. I have a belt back, but tend to just put it into a rucksack, because if anything comes on top, and you have to do a bit of a run into the nearest cover etc :ph34r: :p , the belt pack tends to slow you down a hell of alot! :yahoo:

It's time to replace my old (9yrs  :icon_redface:  ) lamping kit for something a bit new - my new job only gives me one day off per week, so more lamping is on the cards  :ph34r: . A couple of mates are using Strikeforce 170's (I think) with 18a/h belt packs, although I haven't been out with them lately to evaluate them. What would you guys recommend?

I would prefer something with a belt pack, cos when I put my old battery in a backpack and go over fences etc. it belts me on the back of the noggin  :blink: .

So, what? Where from? and How much? (er, please  ;) )

I used a lazer lamp for over 10 years but after using my mates sl 170 I have now purchased one of them instead.The sl170 has the better beam but it doesnt have the small bulb like the Lazer lamp for using when opening gates etc also the pop up filter on the Lazer lamp is better than the clip on one on the sl170.I changed to the sl170 because it has a better beam and can also be adjusted from spot to flood,and over the years a few times the lazer lamp bulb has given off a poor beam after a knock which is no good when your in the middle of nowhere.I also use a belt pack as it is much easier to carry around and is a lot easier to run with.

lightforce 170 every time mate batt last for hours not like the blitz plus get yourself a whightlifting belt and secure the batt to it. it dont move and is very comfy you can wear it allnight you wont know you have got it on

well peter goes to show how much you know about lamping because the blitz do drain the batt faster then a 170. 1 its a lot brighter which makes it use more batt juice and before you ask yes i do have a blitz and a 170 .vince

well peter goes to show how much you know about lamping because the blitz do drain the batt faster then a 170. 1 its a lot brighter which makes it use more batt juice and before you ask yes i do have a blitz and a 170 .vince

[/qu

the blitz and 170 are the same just a different reflector,its the reflector that makes the beam better so the blitz does'nt drain the battery any more than the 170. :no: i add some old seat belt to my belt pack to make it like an harness, this makes it a lot more comfortable and stops the belt from slipping down.

I would get the Lightforce striker 170 mate, a much better beam on it than the Lazerlite, although that is a good lamp as well, and has worked well for years.

I think that the Blitz has a bigger bulb in it than the striker ???.... that's why the battery drains quicker, also you need to check what size bulb is in the Striker because when i phoned around for mine and asked what size bulb was in there i had a few different answers.

SINDASOX ;)