Speakers (Stereo)

Anyone know about speakers, please?

Put simply; I'm clinically deaf and it's only getting worse. Now, the speakers I have on here make films sound like every fukker's whispering.

What should I be looking for, please? On Amazon. I think volume output's measured in 'Ohm's', isn't it? So, I'd want maximum those, through a 3.5mm jack, or usb speakers? Something like that?

Any guidance deeply appreciated.

Thanks.

Without droning on about my life history? Let's just say Any sort of speakers would be Far cheaper than any aids ?

Bitcher is; I can listen to some shit on the chube? Wall to wall. Watched a random film, on flix, earlier? Felt like duct taping the speaker to my fukking head!

Bottom line is? I've explored and tested everything else. My only hope now is louder speakers / a speaker.

35 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Without droning on about my life history? Let's just say Any sort of speakers would be Far cheaper than any aids ?

Bitcher is; I can listen to some shit on the chube? Wall to wall. Watched a random film, on flix, earlier? Felt like duct taping the speaker to my fukking head!

Bottom line is? I've explored and tested everything else. My only hope now is louder speakers / a speaker.

Maybe a set of headphones mate,they can be pretty loud,youl get one for for 20 quid 

• Like 1

Was thinking about that, mate.

Been down That route before too. They last about five fukking minutes, before a jumping up dog takes out the wire ? Cost me a few sets.

But, I wonder; How about these Wireless ones I've noticed, down the years?

Must admit, I don't really relish the idea of having my 'hearing' cocooned like that. It's weird. I just don't.

I could be sitting here with a Moterhead concert level noise going on - won't bother me. But, I still just like to think I could discern 'warning' sounds through it.

3 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Volume is measured in dB, from memory a plane is about 150, jackhammer about 90

Jack hammers about 130 .. 

85 dB and under is classed as not needing ear protection ..

• Like 1