Bloody sciatica

Started niggling yesterday (more than the daily usual) Jesus, today I can barely walk, stand, sit or lie down. Gonna pop a diazi later to relax the muscles and cramps. If anyone has any remedie suggestions, I'm all ears.

I've 3 herniated discs (L3-4, L4-5 & S1) surgeon and pain clinics are months away. Any advice!

1 hour ago, mushroom said:

Started niggling yesterday (more than the daily usual) Jesus, today I can barely walk, stand, sit or lie down. Gonna pop a diazi later to relax the muscles and cramps. If anyone has any remedie suggestions, I'm all ears.

I've 3 herniated discs (L3-4, L4-5 & S1) surgeon and pain clinics are months away. Any advice!

Hot and cold mate if it’s muscles, hot water bottle for 5 then frozen peas for 5, if it’s disc and nerve damage just dose up on pain killers and keep on going staying mobile is all important and slowly you will kill off the feelings in your nerves which is what has happened to me, very very high pain threshold and very little feelings in comparison to most people, good luck and stay positive because it gets much worse if you allow it to drag you down ????

25 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Hot and cold mate if it’s muscles, hot water bottle for 5 then frozen peas for 5, if it’s disc and nerve damage just dose up on pain killers and keep on going staying mobile is all important and slowly you will kill off the feelings in your nerves which is what has happened to me, very very high pain threshold and very little feelings in comparison to most people, good luck and stay positive because it gets much worse if you allow it to drag you down ????

Aye ain't that the truth! When I get a bad spell, it pulls me down in an hour. From my left toes up to the middle of my back.

I sound like our Bird ? Bad back, loads a shaggin, martial arts, big dog..... he does have the beer barrels on me though ?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, mushroom said:

4.10....be the kindest thing for you

• Thanks 1

Right.  I've had back problems like this many times.  If this helps you great.   Lay flat on your back. Lift one leg at a time up towards the ceiling. You may find that you can lift one leg a lot higher than the other. ... don't force it.  this is to identify which side the problem is on....  (not which one hurts).  If one lifts a LOT higher than the  other, then slowly roll twist in the opposite direction. Keep one leg  straight and the other bent. Keep shoulders flat on floor. This relieves pressure on the nerves.  Dont go overboard. If it works great if not nothing lost. My Mrs is cracking at fixing my back and does it by feeling the vertebrae spaces. She's got the knack of finding the area and applying putting pressure on that vertebrae with her elbow. She's  put a lot of peoples  backs back into place and where they've been hobbling around doubled up with pain. If you get it back In be careful because you can put it back out again just like that.  Sometimes mines been in and out several times in a day but eventually it stays in.  Good luck.

edit? ..  pain can be caused by... damage (tear) . ...pressure on a nerve or some sort of infection.  All of these can be helped by pain killers.  The damage has to have time to heal if it can. Pressure has to be found and relieved. Infection has to be treated.  I used to find that straddling over five bar gates often clicked my back in. The pain can be really bad but when it clicks out it's gone instantly. But everyone is different. 

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1