Strange things you've seen.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seeing rabbits and hares swimming rivers to avoid the dogs chasing them....but the best one was a hare running up a hollow log to avoid  capture by my bitch Sally the log went from the ground at one e

I was out foraging for Mushrooms and Fungi one day look up seen this. Its proper made pottery. Cheers Arry

Hooked into a pike on light spinning gear when I was a kid, it came cruising through the water in front of me like a f***ing submarine, flared it's gills, opened wide and chucked up adult brown rat! T

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Pied blackbird. Seen half a dozen white and pied ones 

IMG_20210208_162658.jpg

I used to have a small lake in bridgewater back in the 90s including the banks it was 3.2 acres in size and in 5 years the white blackbird stayed in and around the same area it nested every year and mated with a normal black one so I always had a few of those pied blackbirds around but only saw the one pure white one that seemed to parent them all ??

• Like 3

On the drive home from Hessle during the first lockdown I saw a weasel run across 3 or 4 lanes of the M62 right in front of me, narrowly evaded a car and a lorry. 

I was made up that the critter made it safely to the other side. 

• Like 6
Just now, W. Katchum said:

Drive through the dales on summers evening an you see lots stoats an weasels, always bring a smile ?

I did well to spot it as I was quite far back, the car and lorry driver likely never saw anything. 

1 hour ago, sid g said:

dropped a little russell in  fox bolted from a hole we`d missed netting about 10 mins later it came back for a look see what we were doing ... 

A estate i have when there was a keeper and underkeeper there i had a terrier to ground working a fox(it turned out to be a vixen) and while we were digging to it another fox came up to within 20 yards of us and both of the useless feckers missed it with their shotty's...

5 minutes ago, fireman said:

A estate i have when there was a keeper and underkeeper there i had a terrier to ground working a fox(it turned out to be a vixen) and while we were digging to it another fox came up to within 20 yards of us and both of the useless feckers missed it with their shotty's...

Why they throwing bongs at foxes? 

12 minutes ago, fireman said:

On a serious note saw a fox come back to one that a dog had hold off but was making a meal off. Couldn't have been more than 15 feet from them and I thought it was gonna join in at 1 point ?

• Haha 1

Caught a male sparrow hawk in a larsen trap at the allotment once... Another time 2 fox cubs climbed in and ate the call bird?seen a couple of dead bloated cows floating down the river wye once... Was like some scene from a documentary in Africa minus the ? ... Walked up on a squatting rabbit once up Ledbury way... As it went to get up heard a big crack... Next thing it was dead on the floor... Broke its own neck?