What's cooking?

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Proper cheap greasy spoon with the cheapest sausages/bacon and everything else, still demolished it, my mate struggled

20240910_111134.jpg

Bloody nora............hope you have an old carving knife to hand in the toilet

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Proper cheap greasy spoon with the cheapest sausages/bacon and everything else, still demolished it, my mate struggled

20240910_111134.jpg

You have to get dirty sometimes....white bread aswell, you'll get Jim Royal style farts off that lot. Well done mate, looks the Biz that does

57 minutes ago, TOMO said:

I do like a Fritata..eggs double cream...herbs I do mine with sausage bacon ham etc

Its just bacon, cheese, tomatoe, mushroom and onion finished under the grill. Ive never had double cream but will have to try...how much would you use say with a 3 egger?

1 minute ago, jeemes said:

Its just bacon, cheese, tomatoe, mushroom and onion finished under the grill. Ive never had double cream but will have to try...how much would you use say with a 3 egger?

Not much ...I don't really measure it..but probably between 100 and 200 mil...I add mixed herbs and a dash off peri peri spice powder...try the caramelised onion sausage in...

• Like 1
On 09/09/2024 at 12:46, ditchman said:

what on earth part of the world are you on ?

One of the colonies old chap, currently sitting in an airport waiting for a small plane and a short flight south. 

IMG_20240910_151853.jpg

1 hour ago, mackem said:

One of the colonies old chap, currently sitting in an airport waiting for a small plane and a short flight south. 

IMG_20240910_151853.jpg

Are you back in Canadia mate after your oriental retreat to “find yourself and cleanse youre soul” ?

Namasay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Are you back in Canadia mate after your oriental retreat to “find yourself and cleanse youre soul” ?

Namasay.

I am in the land of maple syrup for my annual six month trip, back in UK next march? Er indoors said we need two 6 month trips away each year lol. 

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, mackem said:

I am in the land of maple syrup for my annual six month trip, back in UK next march? Er indoors said we need two 6 month trips away each year lol. 

Is that two six months trips away each year…from each other ?

Sounds like the perfect marriage , marra ! LOL !

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Is that two six months trips away each year…from each other ?

I am about to do a few weeks in Quebec one of my sons is coming up, my good lady is staying in Ottawa sadly. 

13 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Namasay.

with all them bloody olives i know what soul needs cleansing...........

• Haha 1
Just now, mackem said:

I am about to do a few weeks in Quebec one of my sons is coming up, my good lady is staying in Ottawa sadly. 

Hope your French is up to scratch !

My grandson called us the other day and, although he is fluent in English and Arabic, insisted in talking to us in French ! My French is decidedly pidgin but he is being taught French at his new school and wanted to impress me, not bad for a nine year old !

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Hope your French is up to scratch !

My grandson called us the other day and, although he is fluent in English and Arabic, insisted in talking to us in French ! My French is decidedly pidgin but he is being taught French at his new school and wanted to impress me, not bad for a nine year old !

Cheers.

My lady speaks perfect French. Your grandson is the future, a super smart boy, the world is changing rapidly, it's good he is learning languages, I think he has your smarts and savvy, the world will be his for the taking. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, mackem said:

My lady speaks perfect French. Your grandson is the future, a super smart boy, the world is changing rapidly, it's good he is learning languages, I think he has your smarts and savvy, the world will be his for the taking. 

My nieces in New Zealand were taught Japanese at school . I asked why and they said it was the best language to learn if you wanted a good job. 
My grandson is still learning Japanese but how difficult must it be to learn four languages; English, Arabic , Japanese and French especially when two of them have completely different scripts to the other two, and one of them writes from right to left ?

I loved taking exams and courses and still have an insatiable thirst for knowledge so I guess he takes after his old granda !

Cheers.

• Like 4