What's cooking?

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

On my own today because Mrs Stav is working for the NHS at the great north run, so as it’s pouring down I thought I’d do myself a beef dinner, gravy on the go with the beef and if it looks like this rain is all day and I’m not going to get out for a mooch later I might squeeze a few McEwan’s into myself 

IMG_0632.jpeg

IMG_0633.jpeg

IMG_0634.jpeg

very nice too......

• Like 1

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

Proper hungarian-goulsh.......not some twat chefs idea with loads of spice and heabs and booze shit stuff....trying to make it into their signiture dish...Baaaaahhhhhhhh

Goulash was originaly a soup then over the decades it became a watery tasty stew.....until the twat chefs got hold of it

the dumpling was like crack cocaine ...simpley divine.......

P1010396hg.jpg

P1010395hg.jpg

P1010393hg.jpg

P1010394hg.jpg

• Like 8
18 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Almost seems a shame to do this just for myself, almost ( lol )

IMG_0636.jpeg

Tell me to f**k off, if you think I'm being nosey, stav, but does your Mrs always eat different meals to you?

Practically every pic of a meal you put up on here looks great.

Would f****n skull me if my Mrs was like that!!

2 hours ago, shaaark said:

Tell me to f**k off, if you think I'm being nosey, stav, but does your Mrs always eat different meals to you?

Practically every pic of a meal you put up on here looks great.

Would f****n skull me if my Mrs was like that!!

Not all the time, I maybe do her something different once or twice a week, there’s a whole list of things she won’t eat, last night I made meatballs so done her shop bought Kiev 

she’s a woman of simple tastes, when I first started seeing her 20 odd years ago I blew her mind showing her that you could make bolognaise sauce and didn’t have to buy it in a jar ( lol )

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

My missus has different tastes , my boys enjoy a lot of her food , somewhat plainer than mine with less heart and effort lol, but variety is good , my eldest lad shares the same taste as me , seafood and meat mostly and we push the others to try what they might not otherwise , although tastes develop and youngest likes chillis and smoked salmon along with salad and veg , brie, but cooking a spag bol atm and eldest isnt keen and youngest prefers the wifes boiled mince version so on a hiding to nothing.... 😂 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ditchman said:

Proper hungarian-goulsh.......not some twat chefs idea with loads of spice and heabs and booze shit stuff....trying to make it into their signiture dish...Baaaaahhhhhhhh

Goulash was originaly a soup then over the decades it became a watery tasty stew.....until the twat chefs got hold of it

P1010396hg.jpg

P1010395hg.jpg

P1010393hg.jpg

P1010394hg.jpg

Needs more olives 🫒 😁

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, ditchman said:

P1010396hg.jpg

P1010395hg.jpg

P1010393hg.jpg

P1010394hg.jpg

Try similar with pork and loads of paprika, onions , long cook , paprikash 👍🏻