What's cooking?

55 minutes ago, mackem said:

The cooker is f****d,electrical fault maybe?So we went out for lunch for a change (might have to come to yours for breakfast?).

Went to Dishoom in Knightsbridge,fantastic Indian/Persian fusion food,and very authentic masala chai,tastes like those sold on Delhi street corners by chaiwallahs.

IMG_8259.jpeg

IMG_8264.jpeg

IMG_8266.jpeg

IMG_8268.jpeg

IMG_8278.jpeg

IMG_8272.jpeg

IMG_8283.jpeg

IMG_8286.jpeg

IMG_8287.jpeg

how much did you pay the person to feck the cooker up....

• Sad 1

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, ditchman said:

how much did you pay the person to feck the cooker up....

It was horrendous mate,flames everywhere,hair singeing and the screams…..It’s the last time I try to make toast,better to eat out in future methinks.

IMG_8302.jpeg

17 hours ago, Pewit said:

Food tips for taking to work, spend a fortune on snap every day going to the supermarket. Don't get me wrong I know what's healthy and what's not but I hate taking food like veg in tupperware, by the time it's break it smells like dirty arse!

I used to make my own sandwiches for work the night before, the better they are the more you look forward to snack time.

Fresh uncut bread is best imo. Real butter.

Boiled Egg and tomato. Maybe Egg chopped up mixed with mayo

Ham and tomato. with mustard.

Bacon and boiled egg.

Boiled egg.bacon and Sausage.

Bacon and pickle.

Cheese lettuce tomato.

Cheese and raw onion.

Cheese and pickle or Piccadilly.

Any left over meat from a Sunday roast. 

Prawn with (tomato sauce and salad cream mixed) with tomato.

Corn beef and tomato.

Quiche if you can be bothered to make it.

Pasties or pies.

Imo worth the effort

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, mackem said:

It was horrendous mate,flames everywhere,hair singeing and the screams…..It’s the last time I try to make toast,better to eat out in future methinks.

IMG_8302.jpeg

ahhhhh what a bummer.....you can always use the local chippy to keep you alive  :laugh:

• Sad 1
37 minutes ago, Arry said:

I used to make my own sandwiches for work the night before, the better they are the more you look forward to snack time.

Fresh uncut bread is best imo. Real butter.

Boiled Egg and tomato. Maybe Egg chopped up mixed with mayo

Ham and tomato. with mustard.

Bacon and boiled egg.

Boiled egg.bacon and Sausage.

Bacon and pickle.

Cheese lettuce tomato.

Cheese and raw onion.

Cheese and pickle or Piccadilly.

Any left over meat from a Sunday roast. 

Prawn with (tomato and salad cream mixed) with tomato.

Corn beef and tomato.

Quiche if you can be bothered to make it.

Pasties or pies.

Imo worth the effort

Cheers Arry

how the feck do you get all of that into a bap ??

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

how the feck do you get all of that into a bap ??

I could try Ditch Lol.

Think I could manage it in a big baguette. 

Nit picking muppet.

Cheers Arry

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Arry said:

I could try Ditch Lol.

Think I could manage it in a big baguette. 

Nit picking muppet.

Cheers Arry

you could try a Newcastle full stotty

11 hours ago, Pewit said:

Food tips for taking to work, spend a fortune on snap every day going to the supermarket. Don't get me wrong I know what's healthy and what's not but I hate taking food like veg in tupperware, by the time it's break it smells like dirty arse!

Few more mate.

Tin of Tuna Tipped into a bowl add some Mayo or I prefer Salad cream mix it up spread in a nice big doorstep sandwich.

Tin of Sardines in Tomato sauce (is best imo) in doorstep again.

A ploughman lunch chunk of cheese some pickle some pickle onions if you have them maybe a tomato.

Brussels Pate.

Sardine and tomato paste. Crab Paste.

Sliced up Mattersons Smoked sausage.

Hope this is some help mate.

I would always use a uncut loaf from the bakery section like a farmhouse loaf or now I have the granary loaf.

I have said this somewhere else on here, if you suffer from reflux try changing from white bread to Granary or Muti grain loaf. Somebody gave me this tip I tried it and the reflux went and has not come back.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Arry said:

Few more mate.

Tin of Tuna Tipped into a bowl add some Mayo or I prefer Salad cream mix it up spread in a nice big doorstep sandwich.

Tin of Sardines in Tomato sauce (is best imo) in doorstep again.

A ploughman lunch chunk of cheese some pickle some pickle onions if you have them maybe a tomato.

Brussels Pate.

Sardine and tomato paste. Crab Paste.

Sliced up Mattersons Smoked sausage.

Hope this is some help mate.

I would always use a uncut loaf from the bakery section like a farmhouse loaf or now I have the granary loaf.

I have said this somewhere else on here, if you suffer from reflux try changing from white bread to Granary or Muti grain loaf. Somebody gave me this tip I tried it and the reflux went and has not come back.

Cheers Arry

i prefer tuna salad cream arry mayo is shit 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Pewit said:

there will be a few arse muffers on here who love the smell and taste of arse going to be taking veg in tupperware to work from now on lol 

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i prefer tuna salad cream arry mayo is shit 

I with you on that mate Wifey loves the Mayo I prefer Salad cream as well.

Cheers Arry

Peewit i checked this first however, you can freeze sandwiches, my children due to a restricted diet have a school packed lunch daily, so sandwiches are made on Sunday, and frozen for the rest of the week. It can be done with all sorts of fillings link below: 

Freezing Sandwiches - ITV's This Morning - Justine Pattison

Finally my Uncle Phillip was a miner and would scoop up left over food at buffets, freeze it and take it in for his lunch, sadly he's no longer with us, but i was smoking and working underground that ended his life, not food poisoning! Take what you want from my comments...😀

Cheers Aled

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Aled said:

Peewit i checked this first however, you can freeze sandwiches, my children due to a restricted diet have a school packed lunch daily, so sandwiches are made on Sunday, and frozen for the rest of the week. It can be done with all sorts of fillings link below: 

Freezing Sandwiches - ITV's This Morning - Justine Pattison

Finally my Uncle Phillip was a miner and would scoop up left over food at buffets, freeze it and take it in for his lunch, sadly he's no longer with us, but i was smoking and working underground that ended his life, not food poisoning! Take what you want from my comments...😀

Cheers Aled

surely a freshly made sandwich made in the morning or night before would be better