What's cooking?

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Posted Images

anyone ever had wagyu steak from japan not sure i spelt it properly but its in the butchers very expensive i think the cows are massaged just wondered if its as good as it looks all marbled

5 minutes ago, mr moocher said:

anyone ever had wagyu steak from japan not sure i spelt it properly but its in the butchers very expensive i think the cows are massaged just wondered if its as good as it looks all marbled

I have had wagyu quite a few times but I prefer Kobe or a 90 day aged steak for flavour.

4 minutes ago, mr moocher said:

thanks mack i should of known you would of had it i was thinking of trying it,but i think ill try the aged steak thanks

Good choice,try and get one that’s been coated in truffle infused fat.

41C78653-2CDC-4EAD-AE3D-84880E5EDB23.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, mr moocher said:

My butcher tried to sell me some , he gave me a sliver to try raw in shop it was A5 jap wagyu but for one steak was £90 so no thanks and I go there to get local meat so not for me plus it's mostly fat , I'm sure it'd be tasty, but too rich for me. I bought six ribeye and his son said if they were wagyu that would've been £350 lol

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Borr said:

My butcher tried to sell me some , he gave me a sliver to try raw in shop it was A5 jap wagyu but for one steak was £90 so no thanks and I go there to get local meat so not for me plus it's mostly fat , I'm sure it'd be tasty, but too rich for me. I bought six ribeye and his son said if they were wagyu that would've been £350 lol

I was in Harrods a couple of weeks back in the food hall, they sell a take-out wagyu sandwich, I think it was £30,it didn't even look all that. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, mr moocher said:

Most if not all wagu steak in the UK is a Kobe bull put over a normal cow. The steaks I've tried were ok but not really better than any other decent piece of steak. I believe it's supposed to be cooked very hot and a little bit more well done. The idea is it's full of tiny veins of fat, this should 'melt' to give it it's flavour and texture. 

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, mackem said:

I was in Harrods a couple of weeks back in the food hall, they sell a take-out wagyu sandwich, I think it was £30,it didn't even look all that. 

Have you seen the fish and chips....just seems like tourist trap ,

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Borr said:

Have you seen the fish and chips....just seems like tourist trap ,

I have eaten in there quite a few times,haven't had fish and chips there for a while though, I saw that review, it's an interesting store to wander around, next time I am in I will get a pic of the butchers section with its £70 a kilo venison. 

• Haha 1