What's cooking?

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mackem said:

That's a big beautiful looking steak.I had a 6 ounce steak last week with veg and I was stuffed, 32 ounce is some size. 

It went down a treat wife had a bit , can't believe you're trying to fat shame me on here , I'd feel robbed paying for a 6oz steak tbh, unless it was on a taster menu, lol.

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Borr said:

It went down a treat wife had a bit , can't believe you're trying to fat shame me on here , I'd feel robbed paying for a 6oz steak tbh, unless it was on a taster menu, lol.

6oz steak is mixed grilled size, then I'd have the upgrade

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Borr said:

It was actually 100 grams, but I pushed the boat out and upgraded.I normally get a few sides to accompany the steak. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Borr said:

A rare Friday off....

32oz rump, about to come off rest for 20 mins and on a board with some peppercorn sauce to dunk..

IMG_20240920_131239757_HDR.jpg

Bloody big that...2lb in weight...I had a big daddy rump from Aldi the other day 400 gram...which is about 16 oz I think...to be fair it was very good...polished it off no problem...but I find this keto carnivore style of eating with no carbs or vege on the plate its easy to finish one

• Like 1

Yep I've been seeing quite a few challenge meals , I don't think I could finish the meat let alone all the other stuff , this place is nearer @arry ,I've eaten a carvery here but some of the steaks look epic lol

There used to be a pub, near me, which advertised big steaks, which, if you could eat them, came free and your name went on the wall of fame. Well as you may have guessed, I couldn’t resist and managed it. Basically 52 oz steak with all the trimmings and a sweet to finish. Being a beer fanatic the meal was accompanied with copious amounts. To this day I believe the wall of fame is still going.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Borr said:

Yep I've been seeing quite a few challenge meals , I don't think I could finish the meat let alone all the other stuff , this place is nearer @arry ,I've eaten a carvery here but some of the steaks look epic lol

Thats about 4 mile from me on the outskirts on Paignton might have to try it.

Cheers Arry

1 minute ago, TOMO said:

Yeh I watch that lass called Leah shutkiva on YouTube only a slim lass but she can tuck away massive amounts of food

Same my kids like watching beard meets food on YouTube , that guy is slim and can put away a crazy amount. 

• Like 2