What's cooking?

14 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i read an article in an acheoligical magazine ...that for many years history buffs were constantly amazed at the ammount of olive oil amphoras found accross the UK and Europe......OSR has been grown in the uk since Roman times for the production of oil...(that is a fact)....so why so much olive oil ?

investigations took place and samples taken from the lime putty in between the tesseri of the mosaic paving.....when these samples were prosessed and squirted thro a flame in the specrometer ...the graph peaked on the oils which were contained in OLIVE OIL..................

so it seems that the majority of imported olive oil imported was used as floor polish.......

so if you like cooking and eating floorpolish ...then knock yerself out....olive oil in our house is ever used for softening earwax in the dogs ears....

Olives, not olive oil, OLIVES. You stick to your "british" hash browns, biscuits and gravy for me tonight. 

• Sad 1

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, mackem said:

Olives, not olive oil, OLIVES. You stick to your "british" hash browns, biscuits and gravy for me tonight. 

i will tell you something else....that not alot of people know........

that Rudolf Hess is Jimmy Carrs grandad.................

us scum know lots of stuff that the high and mighty dont know.....:big_boss:

Right, here goes, bear with me

chicken breast marinated in harissa, honey, garlic and lemon juice overnight before being cooked in a griddle pan, with a pepper, tomato and shallot stew and basmati rice 

the picture doesn’t do it justice, it was delicious, I think it would of been just as good without the rice and more of the stew

IMG_0729.jpeg

• Like 5