What's cooking?

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, ditchman said:

FARIKAL.....norway fodder

P1010226ff.jpg

P1010227ff.jpg

P1010228ff.jpg

P1010230ff.jpg

P1010229ff.jpg

I've never had farikal.  It looks like I'd enjoy it though 👍

1 hour ago, mel b said:

I've never had farikal.  It looks like I'd enjoy it though 👍

if you do PM me first....as i would cook it a different way next time.......im telling you now that sort of food would really sit you.....and you could do it down in your hunting wood...on an open fire:good:

6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

if you do PM me first....as i would cook it a different way next time.......im telling you now that sort of food would really sit you.....and you could do it down in your hunting wood...on an open fire:good:

I like the sound of that . I've got a cast iron cooking pot , that's been waiting for just such a meal 😋

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Arry said:

Just made some Scotch eggs with Cumberland sausage meat. 

IMG_4553.jpeg.4610c37897b8cc5853d7c4802e83f974.jpeg

Cheers Arry

They look like a shop advert arry  … love the look of them , couldn’t eat them texture no no for me … ( wish I was normal sometimes ) ….  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Traditional grub today;

F16EB73D-CC9E-434F-99BB-6C725E0E5CC3.jpeg.5c2d132ad3c2aac674ab262f55a6555d.jpeg

mince and dumplings, mashed tatties and green beans; with brown sauce, of course !

Cheers.

That was always my favourite,turnips mashed into the tatties as well,really nice dumplings,bloody hell haven’t had it for years AND brown sauce.

• Like 1

Went past the Bt Tower this afternoon and I remembered Guy Ritchie has his pub near there,my sis said his bone marrow gravy is off the culinary charts and I fancied a steak so went in,I was salivating the smell wafting down the stairs,looked at the beef cuts in the chiller room increased my hunger,got upstairs fully booked all day!

158F0ED6-5822-4735-A2FC-FD69DBC92388.jpeg

4FB18701-669E-4573-8E4B-A43C63C16E69.jpeg

B224811D-8BD0-4E6C-91DD-D45A8E471728.jpeg

113FC83C-D12A-496F-860F-179F12C5502F.jpeg

6500981E-6EE8-47A3-93BC-1A8432F0D114.jpeg

FBD1A7FA-72AB-4578-8737-7B123E089360.jpeg

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, mackem said:

That was always my favourite,turnips mashed into the tatties as well,really nice dumplings,bloody hell haven’t had it for years AND brown sauce.

A slight deviation with the dumplings; I added some fresh chopped chives from the allotment in them. 
The missus and I decided it was a success !

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
Just now, chartpolski said:

A slight deviation with the dumplings; I added some fresh chopped chives from the allotment in them. 
The missus and I decided it was a success !

Cheers.

I shall remember that mate,my Nana used to make a fantastic hare and leek soup and serve it with dumplings.