What's cooking?

1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Taken the boy for breakfast at the hottest restaurant in town 

PXL_20240531_090549905.jpg

The grub looks spot on , but the plate to food ratio is all wrong 😕.  I'd suggest another two sausages , two extra slices of bacon ,and another egg 😁👍.

• Like 1

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mel b said:

The grub looks spot on , but the plate to food ratio is all wrong 😕.  I'd suggest another two sausages , two extra slices of bacon ,and another egg 😁👍.

I wouldn't be able to move for the rest of the day 

1 hour ago, mel b said:

quite agree....wasted space is criminal.......obviously going for net zero

44 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I wouldn't be able to move for the rest of the day 

That's how breakfast is supposed to work . You eat until you feel like a burst sofa , then you sit down , and rub your belly until lunchtime 😄.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, ditchman said:

quite agree....wasted space is criminal.......obviously going for net zero

I know, I'd expect better from a (rogue) long standing member of thl 😄

22 hours ago, ditchman said:

Death food.................fill yer boots on stuff like this...as the govt will ban it or tax it

P1010192bb.jpg

P1010191bb.jpg

P1010190bb.jpg

15 hours ago, jeemes said:

I'll take 2 thanks, looks great but for christs sake get those beans away from the egg, its illegal. 

3 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Taken the boy for breakfast at the hottest restaurant in town 

PXL_20240531_090549905.jpg

1 hour ago, mel b said:

My main concern is the worrying use of HASH FECKING BROWNS, in place of fried bread /and or toast.

Yes, Dido, I can see there's toast on the plates, but come on, no black pudding, no mushrooms, but hash browns all over the shop?!!  

Hash browns don't belong on a cooked breakfast.

Screenshot_20240531-134741_Chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

My main concern is the worrying use of HASH FECKING BROWNS, in place of fried bread /and or toast.

Yes, Dido, I can see there's toast on the plates, but come on, no black pudding, no mushrooms, but hash browns all over the shop?!!  

Screenshot_20240531-134741_Chrome.jpg

I have to disagree on the hash brown issue.  Hash browns,  with a little bit of fried tomato,  and a dash of black pepper , are amazing . However.  Hash browns should always be an accompaniment,  never ever a replacement 😁.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Edited by shaaark
15 hours ago, jeemes said:

I'll take 2 thanks, looks great but for christs sake get those beans away from the egg, its illegal. 

i'm ok with that except onion rings on a breakfast is a hanging offence

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, greg64 said:

i'm ok with that except onion rings on a breakfast is a hanging offence

As is hash fecking browns!!  Lol

• Like 1

Just picked up one of these air fryer things everyone is harping on about  not new,  got a couple of small chucks from local abattoir made a marinade up and slapped it all in the drawer smells lovely so far will update as I progress £4.50 per bird mental, hoping if it works I can move away from the bottled gas and have some real chips for once lol 

90F7DA59-2C37-4825-9892-2A047CC7EB0C.jpeg

0E161E25-4742-4D2F-ADB5-DCF8D2161518.jpeg

DBC48768-530B-4ED3-8EF3-C89F96FD80C5.jpeg

E4895D84-E439-4B4E-9ABF-EBF02C7165A7.jpeg

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Just picked up one of these air fryer things everyone is harping on about  not new,  got a couple of small chucks from local abattoir made a marinade up and slapped it all in the drawer smells lovely so far will update as I progress £4.50 per bird mental, hoping if it works I can move away from the bottled gas and have some real chips for once lol 

small chicken that size in Sainsburys is only £2.70 now that is mental Sainsburys British Fresh Extra Small Whole Chicken 0.9-1.35kg (approx. 1.1kg) | Sainsbury's

26 minutes ago, Greyman said:

What's in the marinade  G?

Just about to do one for a shoulder of pork.

26 minutes ago, shaaark said:

What's in the marinade  G?

Just about to do one for a shoulder of pork.

I have quite an extensive spice collection so just dash a load in a pot add a bit of tomato sauce daddy’s sauce and olive oil think I put jerk seasoning Chinese salt and pepper, cumin, smoked paprika , slap your mamma Cajun Seasoning,,chicken seasoning and possibly one or two I,ve forgot 

88A57A53-66D9-4AA0-BB57-FE8706F3255A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1