What's cooking?

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Arry said:

Managed to find some of the last Blackberries scrumped a few apples from the neighbours tree. Made a blackberry and apple crumble and a cottage pie for tonight.

IMG_1596.jpeg.73c68d3c286332aa508efef7017474df.jpeg

IMG_1602.jpeg.e1340ecf1a8f17e65f483e758b981644.jpeg

Cheers Arry

You really do eat properly Arry shame you dont run a guest house mate I'm sure you would do well 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, Chaff said:

You really do eat properly Arry shame you dont run a guest house mate I'm sure you would do well 👍

Too old for that mate Lol. Wouldn't be for me I was ground worker, maintenance you know manual worker. But like the cooking growing my own veg and foraging for bit and pieces. Think a lot of people have lost the ability to cook a meal with some veg in the diet. Shame they don't teach some basic meals at school.

But thank you for your comment.

Cheers Arry

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Arry said:

Managed to find some of the last Blackberries scrumped a few apples from the neighbours tree. Made a blackberry and apple crumble and a cottage pie for tonight.

IMG_1596.jpeg.73c68d3c286332aa508efef7017474df.jpeg

IMG_1602.jpeg.e1340ecf1a8f17e65f483e758b981644.jpeg

Cheers Arry

thats what Lee&Perrin's was made for.........................thats looks excellent:toast:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Arry said:

Too old for that mate Lol. Wouldn't be for me I was ground worker, maintenance you know manual worker. But like the cooking growing my own veg and foraging for bit and pieces. Think a lot of people have lost the ability to cook a meal with some veg in the diet. Shame they don't teach some basic meals at school.

But thank you for your comment.

Cheers Arry

I say what I see mate 👍

An old poacher mate of mine who taught me a lot of stuff some good some bad lol

Well he will be 90 this Christmas for most of those years he has lived off the land (not his own) smokes roll ups the size of Bob Marley fame, and is as sharp in mind and tounge lol I put his fitness for age down to his diet.

I will soon be dropping off pheasants for the ungrateful bugger, he will moan that they aren't rabbits and aren't prepared for oven lol

But always fascinating to talk too

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Chaff said:

I say what I see mate 👍

An old poacher mate of mine who taught me a lot of stuff some good some bad lol

Well he will be 90 this Christmas for most of those years he has lived off the land (not his own) smokes roll ups the size of Bob Marley fame, and is as sharp in mind and tounge lol I put his fitness for age down to his diet.

I will soon be dropping off pheasants for the ungrateful bugger, he will moan that they aren't rabbits and aren't prepared for oven lol

But always fascinating to talk too

Thats bloody great Chaff. I bet the old bugger can tell so tails.

Cheers Arry 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Arry said:

Thats bloody great Chaff. I bet the old bugger can tell so tails.

Cheers Arry 

He tells some stories of fields that moved with rabbits from post to post, and rabbit burys that went up the insides of old trees lol

Keep with the diet Arry that will serve you well I reckon 👍

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Chaff said:

He tells some stories of fields that moved with rabbits from post to post, and rabbit burys that went up the insides of old trees lol

Keep with the diet Arry that will serve you well I reckon 👍

That reminds me of a day i was sort of laid up and before detectors. Was doing a hedge I had left till late in the season big old burrow. Hadn't seen the ferret for a long time I was on my hands and knees with my hat on the grown listening for a bump or knock. When I came to one end of the burrow an old moot, a moot in Devon is a tree stump. This old stump was a tree cut off about six foot high I put my ear to it and I could hear the ferret climbing and then a bump as she got knocked down. Realising the rabbit had climbed up inside the stump and the rabbit kept kicking the ferret down I picked up an old fence post and wacked the stump as hard as I could. I heard the rabbit rattle through the burrow and bolt the other end of the burrow.

I promise this is a true story and your account brought it right back to me.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3