No kneeling 9 darter

i watched all the games back in the day  and played for my local pub for 19 years...he was a great player,John ...but he didnt smile much lol....some great games back then ...dont watch or play anymore now ...

4 hours ago, green lurchers said:

Jockey Wilson was funny loved a beer how he managed I don’t know 

There was a documentary on jockey back along on Iplayer I think. How he started darts how far he got and how he ended up. Sad story really started with f all and finished with f all. But he had fun that’s for sure 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, jigsaw said:

i watched all the games back in the day  and played for my local pub for 19 years...he was a great player,John ...but he didnt smile much lol....some great games back then ...dont watch or play anymore now ...

He was known as old stone face.I come from a fanatical dart playing family.Between my dad and his 2 brothers theyve won our towns singles championship over 20 times as well as multiple doubles,trebles and team championships.Uncles,cousins have all played superleague and county level over the years.John Lowe was the family favourite,also loved Bobby George and all hated Eric Bristow.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

There was a documentary on jockey back along on Iplayer I think. How he started darts how far he got and how he ended up. Sad story really started with f all and finished with f all. But he had fun that’s for sure 

He was worth watching back in the day 

36 minutes ago, downsouth said:

He was known as old stone face.I come from a fanatical dart playing family.Between my dad and his 2 brothers theyve won our towns singles championship over 20 times as well as multiple doubles,trebles and team championships.Uncles,cousins have all played superleague and county level over the years.John Lowe was the family favourite,also loved Bobby George and all hated Eric Bristow.

From wat I can remember our pubs dart team was fun to watch when they played the Henry Ford team and most other teams from Dagenham  the after game fights were comical . Plenty of attitude too much beer ? darts back then coupled with “ leave it “ “hold up son “  “ it’s only a game of darts “ ? great to watch while I was in the multiple card schools that went down with the same aggro  in them days every day pub life darts pool cards beer food highly eventful Love them days 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1

I was sure it was glue the little fat c**t was sniffing not beer,my brother was in a big competition in Tiffany’s in Glasgow and Wilson was in it my brother asked him for his autograph for me and he told my brother to f**k off,he was gonna flatten him,anyway Wilson got into the final against a lad called Nesbit the final was up on the stage,one of his darts bounced back off the wire on fell down a small hole in the floor it took someone about half an hour to find it as he only had one set to his name.    Wf

5 hours ago, downsouth said:

I was convinced for years Bobby George was my dad as my mam had a framed  signed photo of him up In the lobby . ???

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I was convinced for years Bobby George was my dad as my mam had a framed  signed photo of him up In the lobby . ???

Actually, now you say it........

• Haha 2

over th years i played against leighton rees,  jocky wilson  (got to a double cause he was pissed)..bobby george...eric bristoe....jocky was found dead in a flat i heard ...had been dead a while too if i remeber correctly...mad for the drink  he was 

• Like 2