Breeding sausage dogs.

7 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Get away from the stupid long backs and breed something that can move fluidly mate .Boils my piss to see the feckers waddling along bow backed .

7 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

and back legs gone from underneath em

Got to say, I agree with both these posts. My old man had two, grandmother and grandson. Grandson still alive, 9. Grandmother died 6 months ago aged 15. Had to be careful with them, and watch they didn't jump up/down on the settee/steps etc. 

Although not bow backed like you say fd, their legs are that short, and backs so long, it definitely does place a lot of unnecessary strain etc on all their joints and particularly their vertebrae.

Five years ago, at the age of four, the grandson jumped down off a very low wall, about 14-15"", in the old man's garden. Result, some sort of nerve/spinal paralysis, which cost the old man five and half grand, and several months of physio and hydrotherapy to get him roughly 85-90% back to normal.

Cracking little dogs, but to keep breeding to these modern standards is atrocious. Not just dachshunds, but other previously sound breeds as well.

• Like 1