An open fire.

16 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Seems few of you need to grow a pair .Get rid the women ffs .

And end up cooking my own dinner,washing,Ironing,packup and everything else she did over a poxy old badgers head.Looking back now she was right anyway.Why would you want the ugly f***ing thing in you're front room

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love an open fire. They always make me chilled. My first memory of one is when I was a kid before I went to school. My mam was breastfeeding my kid sister and I was staring out of the window watching

My missus. Minus 23, north of the Arctic circle; Thats when you really appreciate a good fire !

My problem in life is if I earn 500 a day I would only work one day a week, I,m a man of low ambition unfortunately, a day in the woods can save me a couple of hundred quid cutting logs but also saves

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, downsouth said:

And end up cooking my own dinner,washing,Ironing,packup and everything else she did over a poxy old badgers head.Looking back now she was right anyway.Why would you want the ugly f***ing thing in you're front room

Find it strange that a man can’t do with house whatever he wants bud .
 I must have the most easy going wife alive as you ain’t alone in what your saying .I’ve mates  who wouldn’t dare  hang a set of antlers in the shed ffs .

Our house is ours not hers nor mine and if I want a stuffed animal in the porch ,that’s where it’s going .

If it meant doing all the choirs though ,then I’d get a new wife lol.

5 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Do you still burn peat on the fire over the water mate. 

Still plenty people burn it ..

I normally burn it around Xmas ..

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Find it strange that a man can’t do with house whatever he wants bud .
 I must have the most easy going wife alive as you ain’t alone in what your saying .I’ve mates  who wouldn’t dare  hang a set of antlers in the shed ffs .

Our house is ours not hers nor mine and if I want a stuffed animal in the porch ,that’s where it’s going .

If it meant doing all the choirs though ,then I’d get a new wife lol.

As Down south says a home is either modern or its not....when walking through your own house feels like walking through different time zones im with the ol woman all day long.....and after all women do this sort of shit much better than men.... i mean if i had my way id have claret and blue walls throughout but i just leave it to her....my motto is anythings better than battleship  grey ?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Francie said:

So what are we all burning in our open fires, mines is only a wee fire, but it seems I'm forever topping up lol

I don't bother with logs to much as I find it doesn't heat my back boiler up much .. 

But I burn capper premium coal and then when radiators are hot I throw on a couple of shovels full of their rough slack.. 

If you can get hold of capper coal where you are you should try it .

Over Xmas time the turf comes out and kiln dried logs just for the smell ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sid g said:

looks like a big old sheds the way forward gnash  little log burner leather chesterfield and as much taxidermy you can fit in , mates got one log burner leather recliners they call it the reading room  not got room in the house for an extra room  proper cosy place where they keep all the tat they`ve collected over the years ,,, 

Already got a few Sid one used to be a fish and bird room but did away with the birds.....i always feel like a sad old man sitting in the shed though i still cant bring myself to make it a regular jaunt ?

31 minutes ago, sid g said:

Mix of Old & NewMixing Antiques with Modern Decor - The Honeycomb HomeMIXING MODERN AND VINTAGE HOME DECOR

That’s it. Similarly furs, skins, antlers, euro mounts etc done with a modern aesthetic can be incorporated. Goes well with weathered timber, stone, iron etc. Usually a lot of white or pastels like in those pics for a real clean modern look.

Ive seen mounted heads look good but the euro mount looks better imo. I think it’s be quite easy to make some taxidermy song birds fit in well though.

5 minutes ago, baker boy said:

My mrs would want to know what dog I dug it on..?

tbh my missus was amazing where to dogs were concerned considering she really had no interest in them when we met.She'd walk and feed pups and clean the kennels for me if I was away hunting.Whelped litters if a bitch started whist I was at work but the dogs were always really my thing not hers and she had no interest in the hunting side of things at all and hated it if any of them got hurt.She accepted it was what I didwhen we met a d would never try and stop me but didnt really wanna know a anything about it

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Nar not for me, I like the industrial look myself. 

I like the industrial/ steam punk look. Not for a lounge, but definitely for a man cave/ study / library.

Im not posh, by the way......my man cave/study/library is my garage !

Cheers.

• Like 1
On 08/11/2020 at 07:41, Francie said:

So what are we all burning in our open fires, mines is only a wee fire, but it seems I'm forever topping up lol

Went over to a wood stove because of the limitations on what you can burn in an open fire, also the fuel they consume and the fact most of the heat goes up the chimney, now I burn everything and anything, two of my favourite things are old decking and scaffolding planks, because they burn quite slowly for manufactured wood last well and people will even pay you to clear them away,, you can also cut them up with a dropsaw and stack it nice and neatly, when I had a new kitchen I got three months heat by smashing the old one up with a sledge hammer and feeding it to the fire, don’t see the point of them if your just buying fuel, a new stihl chainsaw cost the same amount as a flatbed transit worth of logs and will keep you warm for years ?

• Like 2