Live tonight.

26 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

He's a big ol' unit.... 

I was using 17gr last night too mate but on bunnies, opposite problem from you though! (2nd shot etc)

20201017_230942.jpg

Sure Ben. I just think though when shooting large fox's  other than side on they don't get deep enough....potentially. the 20gn penetrate just bit deeper.?

• Like 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Caught the chicken raiders moving in across the paddock. Squeaked  and the big lad came trotting in. Dave was right. Couldn't see the green light. Just under 100yds in the bib. It ran nearly 100

Started with an appetizer. Rats! Nine rats for starters now off to call for fox's.

Join us comrade!!!

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

No filters. LED.

I'm guessing maybe there's light emmission beyond the red spectrum or at least at the edges of it as it seems they're seeing something. Great you got the old dog though. The farmer can sleep tonight.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

20201017_233958.jpg.b5465330e0304df8541505c4b1d59323.jpgCaught the chicken raiders moving in across the paddock. Squeaked  and the big lad came trotting in. Dave was right. Couldn't see the green light.

Just under 100yds in the bib. It ran nearly 100 yards and needed a finisher. I don't like these 17gn bullets! I'm a 20gn fan but I'll use these up.

That looks like a big animal and the fox is a fair size too ( ? hahaha I do it every time, I crack myself up, Jesus I need to get out this house ?)

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, foxdropper said:

Seen quite  a few spinning around and needing a second follow up with the 17 .Not my choice for anything bigger than a hare tbh .

With 17gn explosive bullets its borderline. With 20gn much better. It's not the weight per se but their construction.

I said earlier I will be sticking to 20gn when I finish these 17gn off on all sorts of vermin.

It wasn't many decades ago 90% of fox's after the shotgun were downed with the humble 22! Arguably a better round penetration wise I know, just over a short range. The larger rimfires just extend the range a touch. Plenty for an old man getting.

5 hours ago, Stavross said:

Nice one, about time you got out and had some Ben bunny bashing time ?

Well overdue mate. Only couple hours, just 5 rabbits in total but it felt bloody good to be out with a gun in my hand. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Well overdue mate. Only couple hours, just 5 rabbits in total but it felt bloody good to be out with a gun in my hand. 

It’s nice just to have a walk out, I’m off to the sheep farm tonight for a walk around on my own, can’t make my mind up between the.243 and the.17HMR, ? decisions, decisions