Mcgill v wilson

9 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Would he have moaned if O'Sullivan slamming the balls about had given him the game, I dont think so

Yes I think he would have tbh. 

Point is someone of his calibre shouldn't really be smashing in to them out of frustration, I mean anybody can do that and hope for the best. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone who says snooker is boring is probably right, if you're not into the technicalities of it, but there's nothing boring about O'Sullivan, wether he's playing or being interviewed !  He messe

Like I said, steamrollered without getting out of 2nd gear Cheers, D.

He's moaning that smashing the balls is insulting to the sport.  In a way if he had fluked his shots after smashing them I kinda agree with him but to me that's a sign of him breaking, Selby shou

Just now, chartpolski said:

Did you hear his reasoning for smashing the balls out of a snooker ?

He reckons giving away a few points by doing that is better than giving away 30-40 points trying to get out of a snooker that he thinks he cand do.

Sounds a bit implausable to me, when he later got out of snookers that looked above world class, but who knows with O'Sulivan ?

I still think he was messing with Selby's head !

Point is, I wouldn't rearrange my schedule to watch Selby, but I would for O'Sullivan.

Cheers.

He wasn't even snookered on that thin pink behind the black and just smashed the white off the cushion, it cost him the frame though and left Selby needing one for the match. 

He knocked in a great 138 though and a 70 odd break to put himself right back in it. 

He's a strange fella and some boy,  did you see his post match interview. 

It's not about winning his 6th title or anything like that, it's all about the cue action. ?

Don't forget, this is the bloke who just walked out in the middle of a match.

He refused a 147 break because the prize money for it was "only " £5,000 !

He gets away with it because they know he is far and away the top draw, people watch snooker because of him, in his words "he puts bums on seats !

Hes the only character in the game.

FFS , "The Jester From Leicester "......the most inappropriate nick name in sport ! LOL !

Cheers.

• Haha 1

I do sometimes think he tries to be controversial just for the sake of it although he does clearly have metal issues. 

He pulled it outta the bag you have to give him that, normally when Selby takes him in to the deep end he drowns him. 

It will be such an anticlimax if Wilson goes on to beat him. 

If Ronnie gets his 6th he will do everything in his ability to try and match Hendry no matter what he says IMO. 

5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Don't forget, this is the bloke who just walked out in the middle of a match.

He refused a 147 break because the prize money for it was "only " £5,000 !

He gets away with it because they know he is far and away the top draw, people watch snooker because of him, in his words "he puts bums on seats !

Hes the only character in the game.

FFS , "The Jester From Leicester "......the most inappropriate nick name in sport ! LOL !

Cheers.

Hes the best in the game bar none , exciting to watch and has incredible talent. Selby is boring to watch and play against no wonder Ronnie got bored and started being erratic but was amazing in the last 3 frames. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, cragman said:

I think he had his victory speech lined up, and was ready to pile into Ronnie for knocking the amateurs ??

Could well be that lol. To be honest, I didn't like hearing ronnie knocking some of the newcomers to snooker ?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Hey charts  you watching the final now, or recording it and watching later? 

I'll try my best to keep to keep my beak off this thread for you lol :ninja: ........ ?

Watching it now in the media centre in the west wing, ( the spare room, the missus would rather stick pins in her eyes than watch snooker !).

I wont make any predictions, as I'm usually wrong , but the longer it goes, if Ronnie doesn't go mental, I think he will have too much for Wilson.

Cheers.

31 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Could well be that lol. To be honest, I didn't like hearing ronnie knocking some of the newcomers to snooker ?

i couldn’t give a flying what he said. Some are too scared of saying anything on air but he’s not and it was right what he said. Get a few Footy pundits Like that who won’t say anything that may upset their mates On the pitch. Never bite the hand and all that ??

10 minutes ago, cragman said:

i couldn’t give a flying what he said. Some are too scared of saying anything on air but he’s not and it was right what he said. Get a few Footy pundits Like that who won’t say anything that may upset their mates On the pitch. Never bite the hand and all that ??

So what if he's right why say something as childish as that? 

Mark Williams was right in what he said, when Ronnie was younger he was much easier to defeat. He's always been a super talent but he was raw and could be defeated by a top match player. 

Like Williams said, not everybody can be as good as Ronnie and all are trying to do their best. 

8 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

So what if he's right why say something as childish as that? 

Mark Williams was right in what he said, when Ronnie was younger he was much easier to defeat. He's always been a super talent but he was raw and could be defeated by a top match player. 

Like Williams said, not everybody can be as good as Ronnie and all are trying to do their best. 

He was asked the question and answerd it truthfully ?

I think it's a lot to do with the Ranking System. Ronnie doesn't "do Barnsley " , as he said, meaning he won't tramp around the country trying to amass ranking points, whereas players outside the top 64 have to .

The ranking system isn't perfect, how was Wilson ranked number 3 in the World Championships that includes players like O'Sullivan, Higgins, Selby, Trump, Robertson, Williams, etc ?

O'Sullivan complained last year that the World Championship should only include the top 32, not the top 128 !

A bit harsh I think, but it would take some massive upsets for a player outside the top 32 to win it !

Its his way of thinking, and agree or disagree, he has the right to say it.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 1