Collie whippet grey X bedlington

• 3 years later...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dogs are made up of collie whippet greyhound on one side that was put to a half crossed beddy greyhound there basically bitza bred your get a variant on no exact type as such the bitch on the left

.I've got one here,  13 now . Collie greyhoundxbeddlington whippet. She was a very sharp bitch in her younger days, good nose, turn on a sixpence and a very committed strike. So committed in fact I co

they would be like 1.5 k on pets for homes... at the mo

Posted Images

On 06/08/2020 at 19:31, Jay w said:

I've got a Collie whippet grey hound bitch and a bedlington terrier dog .just wanted to know if they had pups what people think they would be like .I'm not planning to put them together but just interested to see if anyone has had this cross or got any idea what it would like . I have seen a Collie grey X beddy whippet what was a decent dog.

To much beddy for me but the real question is "what do the parents do?". Are they grafters? How well do they fill the bag? Thats what hunting folks want to know. If they are just kept as pets its a gamble, they might work, probbly will but they might not. 

On 07/08/2020 at 06:13, TOMO said:

they would be like 1.5 k on pets for homes...:D at the mo

I have a gamekeeper friend with 9 labs and two springers, all bitches. During Covid where pup prices went crazy, he refused to mate any of his bitches. He said they were working dogs, not money making machines.

Tbh, I think I would have knocked a few litters out and bought myself a new car. There's nothing wrong with making a few quid out of a litter of pups imo. Price is price and often bears no relationship to worth, so if anybody can make 10 grand out of a litter good luck to them. It's not as though the buyer is going to mistreat a pup if they have a paid a huge amount of money for it. I've  bred litters in the past, enjoyed it and enjoyed spending the money. Sold most and gifted others. All owners were well pleased. What's not to like? How come a bitch is different from a cow, a sheep or a pig, all of which are bred relentlessly until they are slaughtered. Nobody says 'nasty farmer using that animals body for cash.' The brits are daft about dogs. Many cultures see them at best as scavengers and at worst as  vermin. Best get my coat.

2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I have a gamekeeper friend with 9 labs and two springers, all bitches. During Covid where pup prices went crazy, he refused to mate any of his bitches. He said they were working dogs, not money making machines.

Tbh, I think I would have knocked a few litters out and bought myself a new car. There's nothing wrong with making a few quid out of a litter of pups imo. Price is price and often bears no relationship to worth, so if anybody can make 10 grand out of a litter good luck to them. It's not as though the buyer is going to mistreat a pup if they have a paid a huge amount of money for it. I've  bred litters in the past, enjoyed it and enjoyed spending the money. Sold most and gifted others. All owners were well pleased. What's not to like? How come a bitch is different from a cow, a sheep or a pig, all of which are bred relentlessly until they are slaughtered. Nobody says 'nasty farmer using that animals body for cash.' The brits are daft about dogs. Many cultures see them at best as scavengers and at worst as  vermin. Best get my coat.

Your a horrible man 

How come its only bitches that shouldn't be bred from?  That's sexist, or doggist. I've never known a man with a stud dog refuse a service because the dog's worn out with serving bitches. Two or three litters from a bitch seems reasonable to me. Maybe not  allowing bitch to breed is cruel? Nothing more content than a stretched out bitch enjoying the warmth from a heat lamp whilst suckling a litter of pups. Lovely, natural sight if you ask me.

Edited by jukel123
1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

How come its only bitches that shouldn't be bred from? I've never known a man with a stud dog refuse a service because the dog's worn out with serving bitches. Two or three litters from a bitch seems reasonable to me. Maybe not  allowing bitch to breed is cruel? Nothing more content than a stretched out bitch enjoying the warmth from a heat lamp whilst suckling a litter of pups. Lovely, natural sight if you ask me.

Hangings 2 good for u

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

In my defence, I never said anything about  breeding sub standard stock,  especially genetically dodgy pups or mating useless workers.

Is there no end 2 your depravity 

14 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I've rang the polis

Hey, ring the alarm, hey, woh-oh

Ring the alarm, another sound is dying, woh-oh, hey 

Ring the alarm!!! :yahoo: