Airdale Breeders

6 hours ago, C.green said:

The proper workers are some stamp of dog but ive never really seen the use for one over here

Their is or was an american based airedale forum, the lads on their used them for a lot of varied hunting, including pheasant shooting.

I wanted one myself to do use for a lot of different uses, with hounds on the pigs, rough shooting and alongside the terriers.

Edited by Waz

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Well they were bred here as a general mooch about try there hands at anything I reckon, mate of mine got a Kerry blue x airdale, off pure show dogs that follows him about farm an his work where does dry stone walls, it’s not even 2 yet but has shown its owner some good sport, taking birds in cover, ferreting, it follows a few beagles when out for hares aswell I’m sure , will be better dogs out there without a doubt but he wanted a dog to go with him an liked the look of the Kerry blue an took his chances an is happy with it, not everybody wants, needs or has time to do a serious grafter justice mate, an if you already have a grafter then you know yourself how hard it is to keep 2 or more decent dogs on work, whereas I’m same here I got a wee Scotty dog of the daughters an the lads Plummer if I want a bit of a outing an me own dog needs a break or summat, I wanted an Airedale to do the same sort a thing tbh, just be a companion an summat to come ferreting an trapping am fishing and stuff, I’ll use the halfx kelpie for exact same stuff?

Tell ya mate they won’t graft as everyone on here knows kc dogs don’t work loons.