COURSING DOGS

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats true,see a lot of people on these sites are only into there dogs for a few yrs and wouldnt know how to bring a pup on to its full pertential so they pay the money for these dogs,i breed mine and

Posted Images

ian had 2 good runs, first she piped, the second run was a belter, she tortured it for 6 minutes, took it into a corner of the field and the hare she was running ran on top of another in the seat, when that jumped up the bitch got confused and went after that....it pulled away from her into cover.

my pup ran 2 aswell, his first he ran very wild , over shooting on the turns but i expected that with him being off for 4 weeks, he lost that in cover, his second was a big start and took him about 2 minutes to get on to, he ran that lovely for about 31/2 minutes and was unlucky not to kill it, he deserved to really..soon have him running fit again tho and back doing the buisness. :thumbs:

no disrespect here to anyone and whatever cross they choose to run, most people will admit that most crosses can and will catch bunnies on the lamp, some with more style than others some better trained than others, the same for a dog needed for taking ferreted rabbits, although if anyone has one trained to the standard of a field trial champion these imo will be priceless and never if rarely ever for sale, getting back to coursing most crosses can course and catch the odd hare from time to time but for those that can do it on a regular basis for the best part are not one offs, they have been selectivly bred, daytime hare killer to daytime hare killer, most of these have a heavy saluki influence, with bits of lurcherx lurcher thrown in, these lurcher x lurchers will have had bits of beddy, deerhound, greyhound, whippet, even bull in there but the thing they had in common was they could kill daytime hares in numbers these where then mated to salukis who in turn were mated best to best till we have the extreamley efficient daytime dogs of our time, these getting back to your question still in todays climate where flushing is the only legal job available to them will still bring £250-£500 at 8 weeks old and rightly so. pre ban £500-£1000. pre ban proven dogs-bitches were bought and sold for £10-£15 grands.were they worth it? obviously to the people who bought them.
The lad who i go with has her James. Whittney's out of Ollie the full sister to Casper and colfields Joe i'm avin one whatever he puts back to her, she's a strong little bitch and a game little twat aswell.

she was that, what age is she now?