Holidays abroad

1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

Any of you chaps still going away this summer? 

Looks like you won't need to be quarantined after your jollies?

I thought now we have to quarantine for 14 days if we go abroad? 

I should be going away next Friday, we are thinking of going to Tenerife at the New Year. 

I ain't booking nothing yet when some airlines might go bust. 

• Like 1
Just now, Greb147 said:

I thought now we have to quarantine for 14 days if we go abroad? 

I should be going away next Friday, we are thinking of going to Tenerife at the New Year. 

I ain't booking nothing yet when some airlines might go bust. 

One of the tabloids said he's sacking quarantine off after July mate

4 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

One of the tabloids said he's sacking quarantine off after July mate

I'm stuffed anyway, I can't change my holidays now. My luck I'll have a fortnight off in the pissing down rain. 

• Haha 1

Was meant to be going to Majorca mid August for 2weeks with my pal and our daughters.Flights are paid with Ryanair and we've paid a grand deposit on the Villa.We had an Email the other day from Ryanair claiming our flight is still going.My mate messaged the Villa firm and they reckon its still good.Im thinking of just pulling the plug on it a kissing the 1200quid im into it goodbye rather than chucking another 1500quid in and loosing that as well.

Know how you feel DS, we are in the same boat with a Florida holiday for the end of July.

We've paid it in full but don't fancy the first week in the parks with masks and distancing, they are bad enough without!

So what to do, wait and hope it's cancelled for a refund, or take a voucher, which we are waiting to see if we would have to use it this year or next. If we go for the voucher, the company will only let us use it on long haul. Gutted, as for that money we would have got a nice villa on the Med.

I pretty much fecked foreign family holidays off after 9/11 just to much of a ballache and expense for what's meant to relaxing, I'm more concerned about UK holidays being more extortionate than they already are. 

We still can’t leave the country ! Lol 

Not that I want to, f**k that, I’ll stay here if it’s for nothing more than a jolly up 

It's not just going abroad.  The Mrs is a bit of a dare devil and decided that WE are going on this zip wire thing and a sort of bobsleigh through trees in north Wales. Problem is that it's closed and the accommodation is closed. Now whether they will open at the same time and the accomodation will be able to accommodate us is to be seen. Luckily we're only in for a couple of hundred  deposit which is on hold.  At least we ain't flying anywhere with Ryanair. I'd rather take my chance on a second hand illegal immigrants inflatable. Total cowboy outfit.

Edit.  I don't know even  if the laws on traveling from England to Wales have been relaxed. Still if the weeks ahead are as sunny and hot as it has been here in the south  I'll look like an illegal immigrant. Still whatever the weather  I'll shoot a ton of clays. 

Edited by Meece
7 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Know how you feel DS, we are in the same boat with a Florida holiday for the end of July.

We've paid it in full but don't fancy the first week in the parks with masks and distancing, they are bad enough without!

So what to do, wait and hope it's cancelled for a refund, or take a voucher, which we are waiting to see if we would have to use it this year or next. If we go for the voucher, the company will only let us use it on long haul. Gutted, as for that money we would have got a nice villa on the Med.

Wife was going to Florida in april but as you cant fly they let her rebook for next year.  that might be better than cash as she cant go this year and the price is already going up for next year. 

25 minutes ago, walshie said:

No-one seems to be enforcing that though. We've pretty much gone where we want when we want.

They've had check points on the A40 by me most days