Mountain Bike.

6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

That's what I've been thinking tbh. Yes you can spend thousands on bikes that will be a lot easier and smoother to bang in the miles on. But the thing is unless you're using a bike to commute to work then surely it's on your best interests if the ride takes maximum effort? ?

Exactly it's like buying a carbon fibre weight bar?

Shhh though they don't like you pointing that out, bikes definately fall into the category of being talked about more than used by most

Edited by JDHUNTING
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple over looking Ullswater..

Took 2 months of waiting for some to come in stock and ended up with this trek x-caliber 7. Havnt been out much on it yet but it seems decent enough 

Finally got the new bike I'd ordered late last year and have to say its some tool.  It'll take a couple of days to get the suspension dailed in but first day out on it yesterday felt brilliant. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, downsouth said:

On my third Orange now and got a couple of mates that wont have anything else.Fantastic UK company with absolutely amazing after ssles care.With the cult following they have the cant risk not looking after their customers as word would spread.Who else gives a five year repair or replace guarantee on their frames?

Got a lifetime guarantee on my Marin.

Cheers, D.

39 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

Exactly it's like buying a carbon fibre weight bar?

Shhh though they don't like you pointing that out, bikes definately fall into the category of being talked about more than used by most

I do think they are a bit of a status symbol. 

I couldn't wait to tell people that my Cube was carbon. ?

• Haha 2
21 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I do think they are a bit of a status symbol. 

I couldn't wait to tell people that my Cube was carbon. ?

All this good weather made me feel like talking about mine more

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, dytkos said:

Got a lifetime guarantee on my Marin.

Cheers, D.

A lot of these foreign companies offer these type of guarantees untill something actually happens to the bike.There was a guy on a mtb forum a few weeks bag who'd smapped a frame on an 8grand santa cruz.When he sent it away they basically said it was through misuse (Its a mountain bike ffs)wheras I know first hand of lads having frames replaced or repaired no questions asked by orange.In fact a pal of mine bought a 7year old frame second hand which he sent to orange to be serviced,new bearings and re powder coated(A service which I believe no other company offers)A week or so later orange phoned him to say that when they shot blasted it they found a crack in the welds on the downtube.He was gutted as the bike was over fuve years old and second hand so he had no cover so had lost out.A week later he had a brand new frame turn up powder coated in the colour he'd asked to have the old one done in.I bet theres not many other companies offer a service like that.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, downsouth said:

A lot of these foreign companies offer these type of guarantees untill something actually happens to the bike.There was a guy on a mtb forum a few weeks bag who'd smapped a frame on an 8grand santa cruz.When he sent it away they basically said it was through misuse (Its a mountain bike ffs)wheras I know first hand of lads having frames replaced or repaired no questions asked by orange.In fact a pal of mine bought a 7year old frame second hand which he sent to orange to be serviced,new bearings and re powder coated(A service which I believe no other company offers)A week or so later orange phoned him to say that when they shot blasted it they found a crack in the welds on the downtube.He was gutted as the bike was over fuve years old and second hand so he had no cover so had lost out.A week later he had a brand new frame turn up powder coated in the colour he'd asked to have the old one done in.I bet theres not many other companies offer a service like that.

Yeah that's great mate, wasn't decrying Orange, there good bikes, mate of mine had a P1 years back, it rode really well? I was really just bigging up Marin tbh as they do offer a lifetime frame guarantee (to the original owner) as I use to live close to one the dealers and spent lots of time there, they even upgraded one frame when it cracked and that was about 10 years old, matey got a new frame that cost more than his original bike did. They said they have so few break that it's a great PR exercise.

Cheers, D.

38 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Yeah that's great mate, wasn't decrying Orange, there good bikes, mate of mine had a P1 years back, it rode really well? I was really just bigging up Marin tbh as they do offer a lifetime frame guarantee (to the original owner) as I use to live close to one the dealers and spent lots of time there, they even upgraded one frame when it cracked and that was about 10 years old, matey got a new frame that cost more than his original bike did. They said they have so few break that it's a great PR exercise.

Cheers, D.

That and the mark up on them will be incredible, essentially a few metal tubes welded together and sell for more than a half decent second hand motor.

• 2 weeks later...