Scouser - Coursing Dog

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My bitch is direct out of him and no a lot of men with dogs out of him he produces to good 

One i have today ?

Proper scouser then. 

Posted Images

There sure was some characters in Woodhouse. ...you mention big Ian neighbour  pete.....was that Pete.W

If it was he taught me and my poaching partner how to home load...

I remember one day myself my mate and some of the Woodhouse lads had our own walked up shooting day....maybe 8 or a dozen of us...just up peafield Lane. ..God knows how we got away with it....

• Like 1
13 hours ago, juckler123 said:

The only Leicester lads I know at that time was Geoff Smith could easily have been one of his mates ?

Lous offspring went everywhere he bred a lot and was always in exchange and mart and local rags we bought our first for fifteen quid most he ever charged as I remember was 25 some of the best deer dogs and lampers were from him and now forty years plus on everyone is breeding coursing dogs to pures history has a habit of repeating itself ?

I don't know if it's the same Jeff Smith but I lamped with a lad who run a saluki whip called Kim that bitch was some lamper she made it all  look easy and was a pleasure to watch but if I remember she was a funny sort would only run if he slipped her or with dogs she knew but she certainly put her share away and did 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, TOMO said:

What was the name of the pub in Woodhouse were the club met..??? My mate Gary was in that club..forever telling me story's. ...I remember him telling me how they kept a garden cane with a pin in the end.. so when the bar staff went round to the lounge side they used the cane to nick packets of fags from behind the bar...

I sold a three quarter saluki pup to a lad  called Charlie from Mansfield made him a decent dog I think about 20 years back time flies.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, TOMO said:

What was the name of the pub in Woodhouse were the club met..??? My mate Gary was in that club..forever telling me story's. ...I remember him telling me how they kept a garden cane with a pin in the end.. so when the bar staff went round to the lounge side they used the cane to nick packets of fags from behind the bar...

Bless ya Tomo you was right it was the new Inn old Pat froggat who had moon madness was to be found there when we wasn't out lamping I'd never known moon madness before it's definitely a real thing ?

His bitch Nina was a good bitch but lamp shy as pat used to twat her with the lamp ?

No a good bitch and caught big numbers ?

My lamping partner back then lived at the back of the pub he had more get out of jail free cards than anyone I have ever known before or after ..

One instance the keepers amalgamated on Chatsworth Bakewell Rowsley and pilsley  to catch us we had wasted the land for a few seasons and couldn't get away like we used to crossing onto each estate..

I kid you not he phoned the cops from a phonebox said we had been lost ?

The ginger Bobby from chesterfield knew the score and spit his dummy out when he asked him for a lift back to the motor ?

Who's Gary am trying to think only lad I can think of was Morley he wasn't the best of lads ended up on TV bragging about lamping black n whites for the cook report like Muppets today all about ego they should keep quiet ?

If so I believe he pinched a good bitch from a close friend of mine out my old dog ?

Me and Gary got on used to see him out drinking and we had mutual respect..

If it was him the lad he knicked her off was in the frame for a murder a crime he never commited for sure when his bitch got took it was the straw that broke the camel's back and he drank himself to death another character bless him ?

Edited by juckler123
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, two crows said:

I sold a three quarter saluki pup to a lad  called Charlie from Mansfield made him a decent dog I think about 20 years back time flies.

I was born and bred in Mansfield some top lads come out of there in the dog game ?

18 hours ago, TOMO said:

There sure was some characters in Woodhouse. ...you mention big Ian neighbour  pete.....was that Pete.W

I remember one day myself my mate and some of the Woodhouse lads had our own walked up shooting day....maybe 8 or a dozen of us...just up peafield Lane. ..God knows how we got away with it....

It was Pete W top lad I remember when dustbin men refused to empty Ian and his bins cos of rabbit guts in them ?

Thoresby Rd turned into an open cast tip lol

We used to course the sevens mobbed handed and peafeild lane around ren brick house and on Shaw browns at clipstone would have took a few cops to stop us glad you was part of it and surprised I never met you as I spent a good few years there with the lads ..

Don't think I've ever known a street with as many running dogs lads on it nor a village their lurcher show for me was the best in England at least every dog had seen graft unlike lambourn etc ?

Edited by juckler123
On 19/05/2020 at 12:47, two crows said:

I sold pups all over the place round notts derby liecester  way mostly pigeon men my old man knew all 5 or 6 quid in the 70s lol

033.JPG

Cracking memory that pal good on ya keeping it for us to see ?

18 hours ago, TOMO said:

Home loading less shot I surmise for night work ?

Engineering shop at back of new Inn was first I've ever seen do fully modified 4.10s beat the hell out of old TV Ariel silencers ?

• Like 1
18 hours ago, TOMO said:

brought me first lurcher from Woodhouse, your talking happy days there mate?

• Like 1