3 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

When I was a kid it was a big to do going to the rodeo.Us kids would gather at one end of arena.There was half grown heffers at the other end with ribbons tied to their tales.If you caught a ribbon they gave you 10 dollars.Ive seen kids stomped and shit on while the parents were in the stage laughing.The good old days.I can still taste cowshit and see the rodeo clowns laughing.

Rick it’s not like none of us over this side ain’t ridden angry bullocks  it was a tradition on a fri or sat before we went looking for food. Although I must admit I’ve never climbed on a beast over a 1,000lb lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a few heffas where i clinged on for life & showed gameness by seeing the job through

When I was a kid it was a big to do going to the rodeo.Us kids would gather at one end of arena.There was half grown heffers at the other end with ribbons tied to their tales.If you caught a ribbon th

I really think stuff like that is great. Just primal man and beast for the sake of satisfying the caveman within. Ignoring the ethics of it all because it has a way taking all the fun out of life, wha

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I’d throw my kids in there an only the ones with ribbons would get a lift home ? is love that mate, awsome way of life?

I agree that's what wrong with kids they need some shit in the hair? do them good.

1 minute ago, green lurchers said:

Rick it’s not like none of us over this side ain’t ridden angry bullocks  it was a tradition on a fri or sat before we went looking for food. Although I must admit I’ve never climbed on a beast over a 1,000lb lol 

I didn't know it was like that in Britian.Thanks  Evidently there is rednecks everywhere lol.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I agree that's what wrong with kids they need some shit in the hair? do them good.

I didn't know it was like that in Britian.Thanks  Evidently there is rednecks everywhere lol.

Dunno about rednecks(we dont get enough sun over her)But there's plenty of pockets of village inbreds.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Traditions?I wanna know what mad f****r first thought I reckon one of them big angry f**kers will be much better than a horse.

Exactly imagine that in England ...

”ere , ere , get on this bull and see how long you can stay on ? “

“you stupid b*****d “ ???  

• Haha 1
58 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

What a bizarre sport,hobby,show .....what is it actually classed as sport or entertainment ?

Fair do,s though sticking to traditions.

Without googling , honestly , I think the basic rules are staying on for 8 secs ( chasing the 8 its called I think ) and extra points are awarded for control of the bull and artistry . Think you can only use one hand on the bull as well 

An unusual sport though 

1 hour ago, downsouth said:

Traditions?I wanna know what mad f****r first thought I reckon one of them big angry f**kers will be much better than a horse.

They were distilling their own tipple and got bored with throwing horsehoes back then. Similar thing happened in the U.K. & in some areas they started morris dancing.

• Haha 1